Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

How do you deal with...

vickielynn87

Savannah Super Cat
Hi everyone I am new here and am in the process of purchasing my first savannah. Here's a picture of our little Callie at 4 days old, I can't wait to bring her home!! She's an F3C and is the biggest of her litter mates.

azysezym.jpg

Anyway, I am hesitant to tell anybody what she is because of the ridicule of "You paid all that money for a CAT?!" And "There are so many cats in shelters, why didn't you just adopt?" How did you deal with the comments?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kristin

Animal Communicator
Haters be hating, no matter what. I had a horse person say that to me and I was like "....and how much did you spend on your horse?" I mean, we all spend our money on different things. Some people take expensive vacations, some people buy expensive clothes/accessories, and some people spend it on their pets.
Really, it is no one's business. I just say that she is worth every penny.

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
I just say that she is worth every penny.
This. Perfect answer. For those who are rude or insistent, tell them it's none of their business.

Welcome Vickielynn. Callie is beautiful. I look forward to seeing more pictures of her as she grows. And of course, we'll want to hear every detail when she is home with you.

Carykd7kau

Reincarnated cat Moderator
Welcome Vickielynn. What an adorable little bundle of love. Keep the pictures of Callie coming when she comes to live with you.
And like the ladies said. She IS worth every penny. MAYBE even more. You ONLY have to answer to your own self. :)

Kristin

Animal Communicator
Lol I forgot to say welcome and Callie is beautiful! You have a looong wait ahead of you, but it is worth it a hundred times over in the end. There is nothing quite like the antics of a savannah :in love:

Carykd7kau

Ain't that the truth Kristin? They can keep you laughing and worried sick. I am always concerned when I play with Kilifi, since she is a jumper and constantly hits her head when going after her toys. Thank God she has a super hard head!!!

vickielynn87

Savannah Super Cat
Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone!! My husband said exactly what you guys said, it's no one's business on what we spent on her. She's too cute for words, the breeder said she will sleep in her hands which I melted at! Can't wait to bring her home!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carykd7kau

Oh Kristin. Zeddie is just a barrell of laughs. ;) ( Keeps mama on the alert.) Just another place to hide from you. LOL