Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

How Does She Do It!

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Elsa has developed the art of removing her tracking device B.JPG
from its collar mount A.JPG
while still attached to his collar and without taking her collar off.? C.JPG ...

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Please - she's a Savannah, did you ever question her ability to do the impossible?

BTW, did you ever actually test out the tracker? I thought you were going to give us a review once you had it on her...

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Please - she's a Savannah, did you ever question her ability to do the impossible?

BTW, did you ever actually test out the tracker? I thought you were going to give us a review once you had it on her...
Yes, I did that a long time ago... I will do another one featuring her in it...

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member

I went out with it today to test the range, and was able to get an approximate direction (within a 45 deg arc) at 262 feet through an obstruction (A House), and clear view line of sight 350 feet. At 150 feet I was able to get a spot don direction to the location, and within 50 feet I could tell if it was above or below me in height.

Over all works great, however, I find that I use it more to find the collar that she has removed. I am not sure what the fix for that is, as a non-breakaway collar she could hang herself... In the house, I can not only tell in which room she is in, but if she is on the floor counter or where ever. The unit works great as long as I can keep her wearing it and she takes it off 2 or 3 times a week.

Chris Elliott

Savannah Super Cat
Harnesses and walking jackets are rarely available with a breakaway feature. I've wondered how safe that is. Is a cat entangled in a harness much less likely to strangle herself than if using a non-breakaway collar?

Is it asking for trouble to leave a cat in harness even for a short time unsupervised?