Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

I am in the dark

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
Heard a big bang 2 minutes ago and the entire neighborhood went dark. Power company working on it. Need to preserve phone battery so have lots of fun without me tonight.

admin

Paige
Staff member
Heard a big bang 2 minutes ago and the entire neighborhood went dark. Power company working on it. Need to preserve phone battery so have lots of fun without me tonight.

oops..hope all is ok there...those transformers will do it every time!

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
It just came back on in time for bed of course. I am relieved that I didn't have $900 worth of frozen cat food thaw.

SV Dad

Savannah Super Cat
WW, if you have that food in a freezer, it should be fine for hours.
Save yourself some anguish, mosey on down to Home Depot, Menards, Lowes, or whatever there is in backwoods Oregon and get a portable generator. We get a lot of nasty storms in Illinois (had a tornado warning just last night...) and I have used mine many times to keep the basement pumps running till the power comes back on. (Yes, I have a battery back up pump, but they only last for a few hours.)
Or you could go all out like my other sister and bury a propane tank in her front yard which fuels the whole house generator (Hurricanes are the issue, but not as of late in Florida.).

admin

Paige
Staff member
I have a portable generator that I bought during hurricane Sandy when our power was out for almost two weeks...it is awesome.

I love the whole home generator idea for a house...if the tank is buried, how does she fill it?

Last edited:

SV Dad

Savannah Super Cat
if the tank is buried, how does she fill it?
There is a hatch at ground level with a fill valve. She didn't want an "unsightly and ugly" tank above ground. :uh oh: Just wouldn't do in the highfalutin golf subdivision.:down:
(FYI.... this is NOT Sue we are talking about....my other sister..)

admin

Paige
Staff member
There is a hatch at ground level with a fill valve. She didn't want an "unsightly and ugly" tank above ground. :uh oh: Just wouldn't do in the highfalutin golf subdivision.:down:
Ah ok...makes sense :)

Sue

Savannah Super Cat
Thanks for clearing my name. Will be back in the USA tomorrow. Arrivaderchi Roma! Sue