Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

I didn't get a kitten, but my brother did!

Jason E

Savannah Super Cat
My brother adopted a six month old flame-point ragdoll mix today and he is very cute! Obviously I have attached several pictures below because I know they are always wanted. We have no other animals in the house so I am wondering how long he should be quarantined for? He got outside the room and wondered around alright but seemed a bit skittish so we put him back in the room. He is already six pounds at six months and is a big boy. Does anyone with ragdoll experience have any idea how big we can expect the kitten to get? My brother and his GF named him pancakes incase anyone was wondering. He has an affinity for boxes and the bathtub..like many other kitties :).

IMG_0220.jpg IMG_0223.jpg IMG_0224.jpg IMG_0225.jpg IMG_0234.jpg IMG_0238.jpg

I really think the two week quarantine is good- even when you don't have any other kitties (or pets- other pets count too in regard to quarantine). I really think it just establishes from the start- a more secure kitty.

Congrats though- on your... nephew?

Jason E

Savannah Super Cat
I really think the two week quarantine is good- even when you don't have any other kitties (or pets- other pets count too in regard to quarantine). I really think it just establishes from the start- a more secure kitty.

Congrats though- on your... nephew?
Thanks! I agree and it seems after just a few hours he has settled in very very well. As you can see with the last picture he is very friendly already. If I do decide to be a bit more impulsive and get a SV sooner rather than later at least he will have a playmate!

Thanks! I agree and it seems after just a few hours he has settled in very very well. As you can see with the last picture he is very friendly already. If I do decide to be a bit more impulsive and get a SV sooner rather than later at least he will have a playmate!
NO IMPULSE buys. Be good! LOL!

Jason E

Savannah Super Cat
He seems to sort of claw at the ground every time he drinks/eats/ smells a bowl that had food at it. He isn't kneading, but more scratching at the ground. Is that normal behavior?

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
He seems to sort of claw at the ground every time he drinks/eats/ smells a bowl that had food at it. He isn't kneading, but more scratching at the ground. Is that normal behavior?
Normal -- he either is caching the food (burying it for later) or he is expressing displeasure for the food or the dish or the location or any number of things that only the cat knows.