Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

I have a size question

MiaH

Savannah Super Cat
How big should a female F2 at 5 months/22 weeks be? Is there a size comparison? She is very long and can just super high but I saw a pic of an F2 male at 8 months and he could reach the counter top standing on his back paws. She is definitely bigger than other 5 month olds but I just want to be sure that she is where she should be :)
Thanks in advance

Attachments

Carykd7kau

Reincarnated cat Moderator
In average, A male F2 is mostly larger than a female F2. But there are no guarantees on how large any cat may be. But all in all, a male is usually significantly larger then a female of the same generation.
Rest easy. Rayne looks very healthy and normal to me. But I am NOT a breeder so take it for what it's worth.

admin

Paige
Staff member
Every cat is an individual and grows differently at different ages. That being said, most females are smaller than males, except at the F1 generation...most savannahs are not huge - that is just a myth!

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I have had F2s range between tiny to huge, so as Cary and Paige have said, each is an individual and will grow at their own pace and time. There's no comparison chart (that I'm aware of) because there really is no 'average' for these cats.

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
Absolutely agree with all of the above :)

I have one F2 girl and she is our smallest and least tall cat here. Size is really a crapshoot, at best...I bet your girl (like mine) is huge in personality, though :)

Becki

Savannah Super Cat
I have a boy and girl f2. My boy is much taller than my girlie, he is thin and all legs. My girl is about 15 lbs and is long, she can really stretch out, but won't be confused for a german shepherd anytime soon! They both just look like good sized cats, though. Their personality? HUGE.

wfraser1955

Savannah Super Cat
My daughter has an F2 female, about 1-1/2 yrs old and she weighs 14 lbs, my male F2 1 yr old weighs 23 lbs and is almost double her physical size. They are both from the same parents, so I guess that there is no guarantee on how large a cat will be, even from the same parents. Males are typically larger than females.