Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

I need help

Snookie

Savannah Super Cat
I have discussed how my cat jumps up the walls. I get it, they are hyper, and full of energy, and do the most ridiculous things lol. Here is my dilema. We are prepping our home for sale, and we have painters coming in. Any advice if there is anything to spray in the vicinity of where he does this so he gets an unpleasant feeling and walks away. I get the cats do crazy thing, but the damage is bad, and we have painters coming in so something to get through this, and maybe he will eventually stop. What about feliway spray, would that deter or attract that behaviour? thanks everyone, Im lost as what to do.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
What kind of damage has he actually done to the walls? If you are just needing to keep him off until the paint dries then I would simply lock him in a room for the several hours that takes. However if you are concerned that he will cause damage after the walls are painted you may be in a bit of trouble. He has after all been allowed to do this up to now, so suddenly making it a no-no will not be easy. Your best bet will probably be to keep extra paint and spackling on hand, and touch up the walls as needed while you try to discourage him from jumping on them. Not knowing the setup of your home or exactly where this is taking place I'm not sure that a scat mat or the motion activated canned deterrents would be feasible or not. I doubt Feliway would be helpful but no harm in trying...

Snookie

Savannah Super Cat
I havent been letting him do it, I tell him off and distract him when he attempts to do it but its happened when I havent been quick enough, so no hes not been watched and allowed to do it. Maybe I made it sound that way. I want to deter him permanently, not just because of this reason but in general

Snookie

Savannah Super Cat
well I login with my yahoo account, same one Ive had for a very long time. Its ok. I wont post because I obviously have one, otherwise how could I be here. Makes no sense. thanks

admin

Paige
Staff member
well I login with my yahoo account, same one Ive had for a very long time. Its ok. I wont post because I obviously have one, otherwise how could I be here. Makes no sense. thanks
it has nothing to do with posting and your login is different than your email...logging in means nothing - the login does not know whether your email account is working. If you could just turn off notifications in your profile that would solve the problem.

I'm not sure why you are so offended...I just made a simple request, so I don't keep getting 10-20 emails a day, saying the notification is undeliverable. Obviously I cannot email you, since your email account is not working.

admin

Paige
Staff member
Also, the email we sent you bounced and said the account is non-existent...so please change your email address to one that works.