Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

I will not change the name; Eddie died just before christmas.

Eddies

Eddies a ham!
Snuggled in with his "mom" I know he felt safe & cared for. My sympathies to Kelli- the other "mom".

Eddies

Eddies a ham!
Kelli said "mom" laid on him. Thanks, I needed a hug. I have spent almost 2 months buying for him especially & now I'm supposed to pick a new boy...not so easy, I'm still hung up on my first one.

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
Oh no...I am so very sorry :(

This does happen rarely. This is one of the reasons I won't offer kittens at that age...3.5 weeks, or two weeks old in the case of the offered replacement F5 kitten, but I understand if you were waiting for that particular litter to be born, and had a deposit already in place....

Take your time to grieve for Eddie. Don't make a hasty decision concerning another baby. The next kitten you choose will have to feel right for you, too..with the same hopes and dreams you had for Eddie....

Eddies

Eddies a ham!
As an RN I understand the grieving, as "me" I'm surprised @ how upset this has gotten me; I never got to actually SEE him but my hearts broken. Thanks to all of you for understanding.

SV Dad

Savannah Super Cat
Unfortunately, you are not alone. A little over 4 years ago my wife and I wanted to give a wedding gift to my son. Beautiful F3 boy, who had a seizure and died less than a week before leaving the breeder. We had seen and played with this kitten. Truly heart breaking.