Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Concerns to Spaying, What are the disadvantages of Laser Surgery

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Elsa's doctor wants to preform Laser Surgery on Elsa when she goes into surgery to be Spayed. He says it is a better because it is less painful and leaves less of a scar, however, I have noted that anytime you have advantages, you also have disadvantages... So far I can only find one, and that is, it is more expensive, and that part I do not care about, I just want what is best for Elsa. I do not want to see a big scar, but I would rather have a scar vs what could happen as a result of the laser...

My basic question is: Other than higher cost, what are the Disadvantages of Laser Surgery in concerns to Spaying?

Thanks in advance.

admin

Paige
Staff member
Elsa's doctor wants to preform Laser Surgery on Elsa when she goes into surgery to be Spayed. He says it is a better because it is less painful and leaves less of a scar, however, I have noted that anytime you have advantages, you also have disadvantages... So far I can only find one, and that is, it is more expensive, and that part I do not care about, I just want what is best for Elsa. I do not want to see a big scar, but I would rather have a scar vs what could happen as a result of the laser...

My basic question is: Other than higher cost, what are the Disadvantages of Laser Surgery in concerns to Spaying?

Thanks in advance.

None that I know of...Cinny had laser and the healing time was very quick, plus there is minimal blood loss.

Trish Allearz

I've never heard of any true disadvantages except the same with all surgeries-- the very minimal chance of something very bad happening. I'd go with it versus a traditional spay myself.

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Coming from 2 authorities, it seems the only disadvantage is the cost.... And cost is not going to come into the picture when Elsa is concerned... I wanted to make sure I was getting the whole story, and any disadvantages would certainly be known here... Thanks both of you for such quick replies.

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
I think the only disadvantage I've read is the cost... and the lack of availability in some areas. So I'd do it...and you can report back to us :)

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Your veterinarian is the best person to describe to you the risks as well as the benefits of laser surgery, and in fact it is his responsibility to do so. If he hasn't I would be sure to ask him point blank before undergoing any kind of procedure. From what I have heard, laser surgery is safer than traditional surgery, but there are always risks to any procedure, and as a pet owner you have the right to know what they are.

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
I think the only disadvantage I've read is the cost... and the lack of availability in some areas. So I'd do it...and you can report back to us :)

Sounds like a winner, Will do... Hmm.. Wonder if he would let me post a GoPro in there.... LOL.... :rolleyes::rolleyes: 2nd thoughts, I am not sure I would want to watch it...