Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In praise of lower generation Savannahs :)

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
While I really love the pics of the higher generation Savannahs...(I drool on a regular basis, lol) of F1, F2, and F3 Savannahs....I feel it is high time that pics and stories are posted and recognized of the lower generations...specifically F5 on down. I truly feel in the last year or two that these generations have made huge strides in how they look; I think some look like the F2's and F3's of a few years ago. I honestly have seen pics posted of cats that I swear are F3's...and am quite pleased and tickled to find out they are much lower generations:) I find the lower gens retain much of the serval look and personality, even more so at times, so we breeders are doing something right. For those who long for a higher generation Savannah (F1-F3) IMG_2426.jpg IMG_2904.jpg IMG_2421.jpg DSC_5837.jpg DSC_9787.jpg but have a lower generation budget, don't discount the lower gens as being inferior! That said, I want to share pics of a few of my lower generation cats...these are F8B's produced here.

The first three pics are of Geege, our F8B girl, and the last two are of are Harley, her full brother we kept as a future stud, out of a different litter.

Last edited:

admin

Paige
Staff member
While I really love the pics of the higher generation Savannahs...(I drool on a regular basis, lol) of F1, F2, and F3 Savannahs....I feel it is high time that pics and stories are posted and recognized of the lower generations...specifically F5 on down. I truly feel in the last year or two that these generations have made huge strides in how they look; I think some look like the F2's and F3's of a few years ago. I honestly have seen pics posted of cats that I swear are F3's...and am quite pleased and tickled to find out they are much lower generations:) I find the lower gens retain much of the serval look and personality, even more so at times, so we breeders are doing something right. For those who long for a higher generation Savannah (F1-F3) View attachment 10460 View attachment 10461 View attachment 10462 View attachment 10463 View attachment 10464 but have a lower generation budget, don't discount them as being inferior! That said, I want to share pics of a few of my lower generation cats...these are F8B's produced here.

Love them...

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
BTW...Geege is the girl who I fell head over heels in love with as a wee one and could not bear to let go. That is the cat I posted above in the first three pics. It had nothing at all to do with her looks, but her personality is one in a million :) Pure Savannah, love bug and silly girl all in one special package :) She makes me laugh every day!