Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Incision after surgery

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Here is an image of Elsa's incision, 24 hours after. What I do not know is if it looks normal or not. This is from Laser Surgery.

Incision-6-5-14-1.jpg

Could not get it any clearer.... Elsa did not want to cooperate! She is not trying to Lick or scratch at it, and it does not seem to be bothering her in any way.... The way she acts, if she is having any pain at all, she is doing one good job hiding it.

Opinions please?​

Carykd7kau

Reincarnated cat Moderator
Relax John. If it is not seeping, hurting or bleeding I do not think you have anything to be concerned about. But I will let the more experienced ones advise you. :)

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Relax John. If it is not seeping, hurting or bleeding I do not think you have anything to be concerned about. But I will let the more experienced ones advise you. :)

It is not seeping or bleeding, just red as if it may be irritated, but she is not licking or scratching at it, and if anything, ignoring it.

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
It is fine John...no worries

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Thank you... Just wanted a 2nd opinion... After all the health issues we had early, maybe I am a little protective of her... She just means so much to me, I can't take any chances.

Carykd7kau

Reincarnated cat Moderator
Thank you... Just wanted a 2nd opinion... After all the health issues we had early, maybe I am a little protective of her... She just means so much to me, I can't take any chances.

In my opinion, you can never be too protective of your girl. I know the feelings you have for her. And no, my friend, you cannot take any chances. With you there 100%

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Yea, John, go for it. Elsa will appreciate your visible gesture of empathy. Plus, she'll help clean it!

I have been cut many times... You don't work on planes as long as I do and not get cut, and many times you get a chemical in it that makes it burn like it is on fire.