Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Information wanted/ needed on cat beds

MM3

Site Supporter
My kitty is out growing her small kitten bed. I have looked on the internet for beds and am overwhelmed. Would love some input from you all. What I am looking for is a medium size bed that has sides all the way around the bed. Eco friendly only and filled with shredded fabric instead of polyfill or the like. On our recent 3 day get away, found out that this little kitty likes to eat carpet fibers & stuffing. This is my reason for staying away from any type of fillers. Hopefully I can find some that are filled with shredded fabric. Would love some feed back. Thanks a million!

Lori Greer

Cahaba Cats
I'd be happy to make one for you. We did cat toys stuffed with material scraps for a customer who had the same concerns. What dimensions were you thinking of?

cbain

Site Supporter
Our spoiled Savannahs love the electric heated mats in their over sized beds, they turn on only when pressure is on them and warm up fast but will not get to hot for your cat, I got ours online at pet meds. Custom bed, warm pad, happy kitty

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
Have you seen the Meow Box from Whisker Studio? It's a wooden box that you put a square cushion or a pillow in as cat bed...I thought of this because you say you want to use shredded fabric rather than polyfill and they offer the "Molly Meow" which is like a duvet cover you stuff with your own rags etc to make the cushion?

MM3

Site Supporter
I'd be happy to make one for you. We did cat toys stuffed with material scraps for a customer who had the same concerns. What dimensions were you thinking of?
A medium size .....I would need to measure to decide on precise size. Needs to fit on a landing. What are your fees or do u need the measurements first? Why is it that carpet fibers and fillers are attractive enough, to some cats to ingest? That is puzzling me! I was going to chek on utube and actually research how one goes about making a bed. Very curious! Do you have a shop? Or just do Internet ? Thanks for your reply, I really appreciate it.

MM3

Site Supporter
Have you seen the Meow Box from Whisker Studio? It's a wooden box that you put a square cushion or a pillow in as cat bed...I thought of this because you say you want to use shredded fabric rather than polyfill and they offer the "Molly Meow" which is like a duvet cover you stuff with your own rags etc to make the cushion?
No I haven't but I am going to research it! Thanks. That's a super idea. I also thought of the concept of the old bean bag cushions. But using real beans. Just a thought.... Don't know how comfy it would be.

MM3

Site Supporter
Our spoiled Savannahs love the electric heated mats in their over sized beds, they turn on only when pressure is on them and warm up fast but will not get to hot for your cat, I got ours online at pet meds. Custom bed, warm pad, happy kitty
I will look at the heat pads, sounds like a fantastic invention. How does one know when to add heat if you don't live where minus degrees arent an issue?

MM3

Site Supporter
I did check whisker studio. The bed will be placed on a landing 7 ft. So box won't be compatable. However, the idea of stuffing a duvet is an excellent idea! what a cool website!

MM3

Site Supporter
Been doing some information gathering. The bed she has outgrown is 19 inches by 19 inches and 6 or 8 inch high rim. So I'm thinking 28 or 29 inches. U can email me sshar24@yahoo.com