Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Iniko at a lizard - cause for concern?

Jenni

Site Supporter
Hello all! It has been a little while since I’ve been on this thread but I need a little guidance. My night so skilled hunter a Iniko caught her first lizard today, and before I realized what she had done she had eaten it. My vet is not open on Saturdays right now, so I need guidance. Is there cause for concern for her eating a skink?
Everything online is very mixed. Need I be concerned??

John Popp

Site Supporter
I have some very grave concerns regarding this. There is little chance that you will be able to revive the lizard or even recover their remains. Condolences to the Lizards Friends and family.

Just keep an eye on your cat, make sure they are taking on water and eating regularly. First sign they aren’t, I would get them to the vet.

Vito

Site Supporter
Hello all! It has been a little while since I’ve been on this thread but I need a little guidance. My night so skilled hunter a Iniko caught her first lizard today, and before I realized what she had done she had eaten it. My vet is not open on Saturdays right now, so I need guidance. Is there cause for concern for her eating a skink?
Everything online is very mixed. Need I be concerned??
Hi there
Fortunately lizards not a problem here in Scotland, but I do know that vigilance is required if they consume things like snails, frogs etc. As John pop says, make sure she is keeping well hydrated, no harm in calling emergency vet for advice. Good luck.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Most lizards that I am aware of are not poisonous, and many cats have eaten many lizards in the past. Just keep an eye on her and as long as she is behaving and eating normally, she should be fine. However, as noted above, there is no harm calling the ER vet just to be on the safe side.