Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Insurance

Xenaph

Savannah Super Cat
Hi,

Is it necessary to subscribe to an insurance for our SVs or no disease particular will arrive frequently ?

I did a soumission at Lapersonnelle, and the franchise is 100$/year for an cotisation monthly about 27$.

- 2000$ by disease and incident
- no preventive exam is included, if i want this protection the cost is 69$/months.

Thank

Eddies

Eddies a ham!
See the thread about Trupanion, Eddies Insured there, the only guarantee we get is in the contract; Elsa sure taught me a lesson & she is John Campbells little angel.

Xenaph

Savannah Super Cat
Ok thank, it a bit more than Lapersonnelle, i have advantage because i'm in group.

But, is it a good product ? I mean savannah do need this insurance or not ?

Well, here's the thing...

Pet insurance is nice-- but if you crunch the numbers, it can be just as effective to put away said money into a savings account for your pet and collect interest on it.

Thing is-- most people don't do this and therefore pet insurance is a very viable, very good option to have.

I do highly recommend it to any pet owners--- it's just the easier way to do things.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I totally agree with Trish - it would be much more effective to put away that monthly fee into a savings account set apart specifically for your cat. The worst case scenario would be that he gets sick the first year or two and you don't have enough funds put aside to cover it, but in general Savannahs are a very healthy breed and have not been found to be prone to any particular disease, so the odds are you'll rarely if ever need those funds.

However, if you are not a highly disciplined person it might be hard to make those monthly deposits, in which case the pet insurance is a great option.

Xenaph

Savannah Super Cat
So i can take the insurance for 1-2 years and cancel it.

I dont have any insurance for myself outside car, house and free disease in Qu├ębec.