Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interspecies Relations

Kristin

Animal Communicator
I thought it would be fun to get some pictures of Zeddie and my parrot Tia together. Tia has absolutely no fear of the cats, but Zeddie definitely watches herself around Tia.
DSC_0118.JPG
Tia made a fart noise and this was Zeddie's reaction LOL
DSC_0121.jpg
Tia was trying to steal all of the cat's chicken treats, despite having a grape right in front of her
DSC_0123.jpg DSC_0125.jpg
DSC_0129.JPG
And one of just Tia because she was being a clown

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Beautiful African Grey! I'm glad to see everyone gets along.

Just FYI, I know someone who had birds and cats that got along well for years, until one day one of the cats killed one of the birds... you just never know...

Kristin

Animal Communicator
Beautiful African Grey! I'm glad to see everyone gets along.

Just FYI, I know someone who had birds and cats that got along well for years, until one day one of the cats killed one of the birds... you just never know...

Yeah, they are never left alone...although if it came down to it I think I would put my money on Tia winning a fight :p

Both my sister and I were right there, mostly to make sure Tia wouldn't bite Zeddie hahah

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I figured you were supervising but it always makes me nervous when someone doesn't specify that. I've had the displeasure of being bitten by an African Grey (mine developed seizures and unfortunately passed away). My favorite story I like to tell about him was the time he bit me on my nose and I yelped quite loudly at which point he blurted out "oops, sorry!" I about died laughing, although my nose was quite sore for days...

Kristin

Animal Communicator
I figured you were supervising but it always makes me nervous when someone doesn't specify that. I've had the displeasure of being bitten by an African Grey (mine developed seizures and unfortunately passed away). My favorite story I like to tell about him was the time he bit me on my nose and I yelped quite loudly at which point he blurted out "oops, sorry!" I about died laughing, although my nose was quite sore for days...

Tia was quite the ham. She was trying to steal all the chicken treats, and Zeddie walked over to her and Tia just looks at her and says "Helllooooo". And when Tiger walked away Tia calls "Tiger!! Where did you go?!". She knows she is hilarious, so she comes out with the silliest things to say

Becki

Savannah Super Cat
We have 2 parakeets who don't do much beyond make a lot of noise and mess. Both Nyah and Kovu stare at them drooling; given half a chance, those birds would be snacks. To avoid this, Ty has hung them from the ceiling away from things that could be launching pads to their cage. I hope this solution continues to work, otherwise I will end up coming home to a double homicide.

Kristin

Animal Communicator
We have 2 parakeets who don't do much beyond make a lot of noise and mess. Both Nyah and Kovu stare at them drooling; given half a chance, those birds would be snacks. To avoid this, Ty has hung them from the ceiling away from things that could be launching pads to their cage. I hope this solution continues to work, otherwise I will end up coming home to a double homicide.

I told Zeddie in no uncertain terms that the parrots came first, and she better respect them. She has gone into "hunt" mode, but more for their food than for them. Tia walks around on the floor (supervised) and Zeddie so so great about it.

It is incredible really, as 2 years ago, Tia wouldn't let anyone touch her. She hated leaving her cage, and hated any fingers coming near her at all. The transformation over that time is unbelievable. She loves to walk around on the ground and get laughs from people now. Everyone needs to pay attention to her. Actually, Zeddie and her are very similar with their personalities...and my rabbit was a lot like them as well.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I told Zeddie in no uncertain terms that the parrots came first, and she better respect them.
This is exactly what the other lady told her cats - obviously one of them didn't respect her enough to care :(

Kristin

Animal Communicator
It's not always a respect of the human, but the respect of the other animal.

I made Zeddie and Tia Facebook pages a long time ago because I got addicted to Facebook games and wanted them to send me stuff. As I have been exploring animal communication more, I asked them if they would "update their statuses" through me. Kind of a fun thing to do, but if people add them they can see the intelligence of each individual animal.

This morning after having Tia and Zeddie out together, I asked Zeddie what she would like to say. She told me "I am embarrassed to admit that I am intimidated by a parrot". I laughed and said are you sure? Why do you want to say that? And she told me that it was because it was the truth, and it made her look like a good cat for not hunting her. So I updated her status, then asked Tia what she would like her status to be. She answered with "I win"

Obviously they have communicated together. And they do have some issues with attention, however each individual is valued for what she brings. Zeddie is a constant companion for me. Tia is a clown, a very much valued for her comedic timing.

Bristol Lad

Savannah Super Cat
Kristin,

I love the African grey and cat pictures, they are so cool.

How does your cat stay so calm near the parrot?