Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Is my kitten part savannah?

Colleenhixx

Savannah Kitten
image.jpg She has some very interesting markings tiger stripes leopard spots and some grayish fur that looks like a wolf. She also has a kink at tip of her tail like a check mark. She kinda of looks part California spangle or savannah. Love some insight on what she may be mixed with. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
Hi Colleen,

I believe I see some Savannah characteristics in your girl; namely her profile, ear size and face shape. She is a torbie in coloring and pattern (tabby and tortoiseshell)...she has some orange fur amongst her golden tabby coat and on her front right paw...and is absolutely adorable!

Regardless of her background, she is very pretty and looks to be a very bright and curious kitten :)

Can I ask where she came from?

Colleenhixx

Savannah Kitten
I was looking for a playmate for my other cat Mouse and after my heart was broken when a rescue gave a cat I really wanted to someone else I found a lady giving away a kitten near where I live in Hawthorne CA. I figure I still rescued a kitty and she is super adorable. I can't stop taking pics and vid of her.

SV Dad

Savannah Super Cat
Can you get some pictures of the kitten standing? It would be helpful to see how long the neck and legs are. Those ears are quite typical savannah.
Look in the thread "Could it be?" There are pictures of a suspected roaming savannah. The body type in those pictures is what I am curious about. Don't worry if yours is a kitten, it's old enough to see the trait.

Colleenhixx

Savannah Kitten
image.jpg
Here is a pic of her next to mouse he is all legs very tall and longest legs of any cat I've ever had and I've had many she is only 3.5 months aprox. Don't have a standing pic yet. Here is another of her at window she was 2.5 months image.jpg

SV Dad

Savannah Super Cat
Could have some savannah in her background. When she walks around do her hind legs look "jacked up"?

Patti

Admin
Staff member
She is a very pretty girl and definitely has some Savannah traits there. Do you have any info on her background? Did the lady you got her from have any information on where she came from or how she got her?