Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Ixas - F5 SBT - 7 Months Old

admin

Paige
Staff member
Ixas is still growing at only 7 months old and seems to be changing a bit, so i thought I would share...his legs are getting longer...and see his nose with the big black border around it ;) I really love this boy - he is just so gentle and sweet and loving...and I think he is a hunk, but I am biased!

021813-ixas-1_web.jpg 021813-ixas-3_web.jpg 071813-ixas_web.jpg

John Popp

Site Supporter
He looks like he still has a ways to grow judging as to how loose his coat looks. I also like how different angles reveal that orange color beneath the tick. Quite the handsome boy!

admin

Paige
Staff member
Thanks John! Its just the camera light...he has no orange..just golden...and no real ticking...

I will have to retake the pics or fix the light...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

John Popp

Site Supporter
Hmmmm, he photographs much like Chongo does. Colors that I don't see with my eyes always appear in the photographs. With some closer examination I can usually find where the colors came from, just never how he appears to me when just looking at him.

In the business, that is what we refer to as subject failure. This is when the subjects colors can't be reproduced as the same way our eyes see them.

Anyway, stunning and handsome boy.

admin

Paige
Staff member
Thanks...he definitely has no orange...but i do notice that color when photos are taken on a brownish orange surface...i have not really learned how to use my camera as it should be used :(

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

John Popp

Site Supporter
When you get a chance, take a picture of him outside. Often what we see under incandescent lights is much different than what the camera sees with a daylight balanced flash. Then of course we have memory colors as to what we think they are supposed to look like which can be different than reality because of the environment we see them in most.

Our boy photographs much different than I see him, although the other two always photograph perfectly (one all white and the other all black). :)

admin

Paige
Staff member
I photograph him all the time and those are the first where any orange appears...but...I did change the exposure, etc...so I will go back and leave them as they were photographed and then post them.

jungle boy

Savannah Super Cat