Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jewel Heist in progress

Tort518

Savannah Super Cat
Glad it's over with and you can relax. Yeti should bounce back quickly.

Bouncing is something he seems quite good at. I doubt he'll even slow down once he gets home. I'll be putting down some raw pork later this evening and I know he must be starving so I suspect he'll eat like a proverbial pig. :)

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
I love Rocky and Bullwinkle! Thank you for that!

Glad Yeti is through his procedure nice and quick... chances are he'll be bouncing around home like nothing happened. Just the other cats will think he smells funny...

Tort518

Savannah Super Cat
I love Rocky and Bullwinkle! Thank you for that!

Glad Yeti is through his procedure nice and quick... chances are he'll be bouncing around home like nothing happened. Just the other cats will think he smells funny...

So far I have been really lucky with that aspect of vet visits. Never had a cat get grumpy with one that has been away at the vets. Usually they greet and groom the returning member of the pride. And if they decide to be a little stand-offish I'll just make sure Yeti cuddles with me a lot so that my scent helps them accept him again.

If that fails I'll buy some vanilla. :)

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
Generally we don't have an issue with the vet visit smell either... maybe because my original Savannah Bobo was always going to the vet (for his heart condition, then kidney failure, then lymphoma). And then I guess some of my cats go off to cat shows and come back smelling different again. So it just may be that it's not as unusual hence not as stressful for my kitties. And likely some cats are more sensitive to that kind of upset.

Good plan on cuddling with Yeti to scent-transfer :)

Tort518

Savannah Super Cat
I have to remember to suggest vanilla to a friend of mine. One of her two becomes a beast toward the other when that one returns from the vet, and it takes days for her to get back to normal.