Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Just something random...

admin

Paige
Staff member
LOL!!! There are many breeders who still use Bengals in their breeding programs, so this is not a new thing :) I''m curious as to how someone would know if a kitten is half this and half that...amazing what people will believe!

LOL!!! There are many breeders who still use Bengals in their breeding programs, so this is not a new thing :) I''m curious as to how someone would know if a kitten is half this and half that...amazing what people will believe!
My first breeding queen was 1/2 Bengal and 1/2 Savannah, could have been registered as either -LOL.

admin

Paige
Staff member
My first breeding queen was 1/2 Bengal and 1/2 Savannah, could have been registered as either -LOL.
But how do you know it was 1/2 and 1/2? I guess that was my point...If you breed a savannah and a bengal, wouldn't it be possible to get more genes from the savannah or more from the bengal???

And yes, it is either a savannah or bengal in TICA's world, correct? ;)

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
To my knowledge, Ebay doesn't allow sale of live animals on its auction site to that's a red flag right there.
Ebay classifieds used to be called Kijiji. It's legit. In fact, you can still type Kijiji.com and the Ebay classified site will come up.

It probably is a scam, tho.

But how do you know it was 1/2 and 1/2? I guess that was my point...If you breed a savannah and a bengal, wouldn't it be possible to get more genes from the savannah or more from the bengal???

And yes, it is either a savannah or bengal in TICA's world, correct? ;)
I knew she was 1/2 Savannah and 1/2 Bengal because of the pedigree (-: Going from looks only she really did look 1/2 Savannah and 1/2 Bengal. Super light golden coat, really close set ears, big Bengal eyes, short tail, boxy Bengal body. Yes, you could possibly get more SV genes and less BG genes, I have seen 1/2 Bengal SV's that clearly look like SV's and seen SV's with Bengal very far away in the pedigree that look like Bengals.

Yeah, Kijiji is a real site- although it is really Ebay classifieds. It's just an ad site- you don't sell directly from there. I have used it to advertise to local families- and have had a few really good families come from there. But it's really a major crapshoot (like any advertising).