Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kitten vomiting

BigBoyz

Savannah Super Cat
My 8 month old has been vomiting on and off all night and this morning threw up part of his toy so now I know what happened. I looked in his new bed and saw plenty of pieces including small metal. He hasn't vomited for a while now but hasn't eaten just sleeping. What do I do?

MM3

Site Supporter
My 8 month old has been vomiting on and off all night and this morning threw up part of his toy so now I know what happened. I looked in his new bed and saw plenty of pieces including small metal. He hasn't vomited for a while now but hasn't eaten just sleeping. What do I do?
What ever toy was chewed can see that what was thrown up and what was chewed does it make a whole? To know for certain no more was swallowed. If u can be certain then broth if drinking water is not happening. Keep a close eye. If parts of toy are still not accounted for .....STRAIGHT WAY TO EMERGENCY

Trish Allearz

Take him to the vet. If he was puking and now is not eating and you KNOW he ate something he shouldn't, an intestinal blockage will only get worse if you delay taking him in and it can be deadly.

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
Keep us posted...glad you saw he was in trouble and got him in asap!

Fingers crossed he is soon back home, none the worse for wear.

Lesley

Site Supporter
Hope he we'll be ok. I think he will. Glad you took him to the vet. Sorry about this scare.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Smart move getting him to the vet. Hopefully they will be able to get the 'fibers' out or passed through without surgical intervention. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!