Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Kitten vs Adult pics

Mantha Meow

Savannah Super Cat
I am wondering how much the spots and colors and such change as a kitten grows. All the pics I see of kittens on breeders websites are so cute but very few have updated adult pics of those same cats. Can some owners on here post pics of their kitties as kittens and as adults? I've tried to search but it's difficult!

Lori Greer

Cahaba Cats
I think a lot (not all) of the very warm brown tones end up with spots lighter as they mature, especially in the later generations. Cooler toned cats seem to retain true black spotting in my opinion. Here is a photo comparison of one of our warm toned girls. Her name is Miss Julep and she is an F6 SBT from our own breeding. She has always had dark brown spotting, but they have gotten a bit lighter as she has gotten older. She is about 10 weeks in the kitten pic and two years in the adult pic that I took just last week.
P1050177.JPG julep.jpg

KMcgown

Site Supporter
This is Loki. He will be a year tomorrow. 6609 is his baby pic, loki shopping is last week and loki new house is when he was about 4 months. This will be fun! I have updated pics of most of my kittens!

Attachments

• loki new house.jpg
    loki new house.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 39
  • loki_shopping.jpg
    loki_shopping.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_6609.JPG
    IMG_6609.JPG
    185.8 KB · Views: 36

VioletFae

Savannah Super Cat
I love these photos! Here are 4 pics of Vivi. Her coloring has changed a lot since we got her, but she is a snow color. She was 18 weeks in the first two pics, and then her now- she's almost 10 months old. <3

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 36
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 37

KMcgown

Site Supporter
The two together are Lily (brown ) and Jack Silver, the others are baby pics of them. One shows Jack and his mom.

Attachments

• jack and lily dec 13.jpg
    jack and lily dec 13.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 42
  • cutie face.jpg
    cutie face.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 37
  • jack and zo.jpg
    jack and zo.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 35

KMcgown

Site Supporter
One more! This is Mallory and River as kittens and in their new homes.

Attachments

• f6_sbt_browngirl.jpg
    f6_sbt_browngirl.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 34
  • river and mallory.jpg
    river and mallory.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 33
  • lightsilver3.jpg
    lightsilver3.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 30