Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kittentoob???

SV Dad

Savannah Super Cat
http://kittentoob.com/cat-breeds/th...&utm_term=noadcopy&utm_campaign=expensivecats
While doing an electronic joyride I tripped across the site above. Naturally curios, and of course Savannahs are on it. But the credibility got shot to pieces by the last one, The Ashera.
I seem to recall the DNA of the Ashera was proven to be Savannah? Am I right?
Oh, yeah, and only five kittens are produced each year. (There is an unpleasant smell about that line.....)

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
Well, they have the tallest Savannah as Scarlett which is out of date as Trouble beat her measurements years ago.

As to the Ashera, yes you are remembering that three "Ashera cats" were confiscated in Amsterdam airport and DNA parentage testing proved they were F1 Savannahs (Serval-Mau crosses) from Cutting Edge Savannahs originally, sold via A1Savannahs to Simon Brodie...

Tort518

Savannah Super Cat
Well, they have the tallest Savannah as Scarlett which is out of date as Trouble beat her measurements years ago.

As to the Ashera, yes you are remembering that three "Ashera cats" were confiscated in Amsterdam airport and DNA parentage testing proved they were F1 Savannahs (Serval-Mau crosses) from Cutting Edge Savannahs originally, sold via A1Savannahs to Simon Brodie...

Fill me in please. Since mine are coming from A1, it is important to know if they are involved in any shady dealings.

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
That is just the facts, I don't know more than the bare facts of that situation. I don't think Martin denies having sold the cats to Simon.

I've met Martin, he's very charming. He has told me that he is strictly a businessman and that is how he runs his cattery. I disagreed with him that that was how all breeders viewed their cattery, but I can see that for him that is what it is. I have found the Stuckis easy to deal with in terms of rescue cases, any cat that has been surrendered to SV Rescue from their cattery they have always been willing to take back.

As to shady dealings, I have no personal dealings with them to report on.

SV Dad

Savannah Super Cat
Tort, read around the forums. A lot of members have cats from A1Savannahs. I have not dealt with them personally, but I have not seen any complaints on these boards about them.

Tort518

Savannah Super Cat
Tort, read around the forums. A lot of members have cats from A1Savannahs. I have not dealt with them personally, but I have not seen any complaints on these boards about them.

That's good to know. I was aware some others here have cats from A1 and everyone seems happy about their dealings. When I see something like the above my curiosity gets peaked.

Tort518

Savannah Super Cat
That is just the facts, I don't know more than the bare facts of that situation. I don't think Martin denies having sold the cats to Simon.

I've met Martin, he's very charming. He has told me that he is strictly a businessman and that is how he runs his cattery. I disagreed with him that that was how all breeders viewed their cattery, but I can see that for him that is what it is. I have found the Stuckis easy to deal with in terms of rescue cases, any cat that has been surrendered to SV Rescue from their cattery they have always been willing to take back.

As to shady dealings, I have no personal dealings with them to report on.

Thanks Bridget. Combined with the others who have gotten their SVs from A1 and you having met them, I can understand a few things about why my dealing with them has proceeded how it has so far. I found a few things slightly odd and in a minor way frustrating, however it is proceeding and nothing about it screamed out as being a scam. The 'just a business' aspect allows it all to make sense.

coraljunk

Savannah Teenager
I've read a lot of nice comments regarding A1 Savannahs. What concerns me is how difficult it is to find anything negative about them. People will always find something to complain about, even in perfect situations. So where are these complaints? I can't help but be suspicious that they are being covered up. Which makes me wonder what else is being covered up.