Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Kitty whiskers

MM3

Site Supporter
I found on the floor of my art studio a kitty whisker. Sometime later found one on my bed. Sometime later (maybe a week, not sure on time line) another on on bathroom floor. Since this is my first cat and I have no previous cat experience........ Whiskers shed also?

John Popp

Site Supporter
Dropped whiskers are a sign to other felines that they are entering a hostile zone of clandestine feline operations. The dropped whiskers can serve as warning of imminent danger for other cats, or as a call to arms by other cats.

I would strongly suggest sleeping with one eye open, safely storing your collectibles and dispose of the whisker immediately. ;)

Tort518

Savannah Super Cat
Dropped whiskers are a sign to other felines that they are entering a hostile zone of clandestine feline operations. The dropped whiskers can serve as warning of imminent danger for other cats, or as a call to arms by other cats.

I would strongly suggest sleeping with one eye open, safely storing your collectibles and dispose of the whisker immediately. ;)
It's the cat version of assassins leaving a calling card to give the victim notice of impending doom. :p

John Popp

Site Supporter
BTW, I noticed the other day that when Din leaves his "calling card" they are actually often two colored and sometimes three colored. Never noticed it looking at him, but sure enough the multicolored tick whiskers were there.

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
BTW, I noticed the other day that when Din leaves his "calling card" they are actually often two colored and sometimes three colored. Never noticed it looking at him, but sure enough the multicolored tick whiskers were there.
As far as we know, Dino has solid gold whiskers and all his spots have merged into one so that he is now a melanistic savannah. Cause, ya know, there hasn't been a photo of him here in a loooooooooooooooong time. Am I being too subtle for you JP?:uh oh:

John Popp

Site Supporter
As far as we know, Dino has solid gold whiskers and all his spots have merged into one so that he is now a melanistic savannah. Cause, ya know, there hasn't been a photo of him here in a loooooooooooooooong time. Am I being too subtle for you JP?:uh oh:

Sorry, just been real busy, on the road, playing general contractor and trying to keep everyone happy.

Here's a picture I took of Dino last week.