Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Kovu Swinging from Blinds

Becki

Savannah Super Cat
We are switching these out to non-fun to swing and climb frosted plexiglass. We bought these pre-Savannah and they looked really cool! Now that I have Savannahs, I would NEVER buy such a thing! You will also notice the stolen roll of toilet paper!

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
Maybe you can repurpose the blinds. Install a climbing pole for him and wrap it with the blinds. Or just make him a climbing pole or maybe a hanging rope he can swing from. (I know what you're thinking Becki -- you'd like to hang him from a rope:))

Patti

Admin
Staff member
We are switching these out to non-fun to swing and climb frosted plexiglass. We bought these pre-Savannah and they looked really cool! Now that I have Savannahs, I would NEVER buy such a thing! You will also notice the stolen roll of toilet paper!
I have both horizontal and vertical blinds - both have been destroyed to some degree, but the horizontal are definintely in worse shape, plus I can purchase replacement slats for the verticals without having to replace the entire blind.

SV Dad

Savannah Super Cat
I would LOVE to get Pella Desigener blinds and windows but will probably never be able to afford them :cry:
They certainly save on energy costs, both heating and cooling, significantly. But yeah i Had a whooper of a bill replacing all the windows in my 2 story.

John Popp

Site Supporter
Kovu definitely got me thinking about the ensuing carnage at our temporary home when we have a kitten. The blinds there wouldn't stand a chance.

I too love the toilet paper being next on the block to get shredded

I would LOVE to get Pella Desigener blinds and windows but will probably never be able to afford them :cry:
I am glad that my insurance company is on the hook for our new windows.

Becki

Savannah Super Cat
Maybe you can repurpose the blinds. Install a climbing pole for him and wrap it with the blinds. Or just make him a climbing pole or maybe a hanging rope he can swing from. (I know what you're thinking Becki -- you'd like to hang him from a rope:))
Ha! We are actually putting up a rope swing for them. I wish we had a column to wrap, but none exist in my house!