Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Legend Leopards

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbain

Site Supporter
I would like to slip another Savannah in the house, we have the room and spring, summer, fall the cats have a safe area outdoors , I was thinking of a F2 male and this is not the time due to a medical problem and 3 months off work and 60% sick pay that is coming but I am looking anyway, a PA. breeder advertises Savannah, Bengal and Legend Leopards, the LL cats look like Bengals to me, is this something new or a sales ploy ? for Bengals. I never heard of a Savannah cat until early 2012 and now we have 2 ,today I saw our male SV in the hallway, and he stopped at the built in drawers and cabinet in the hallway wall, he stood up and hooked his trimmed claws into the top drawer and at the top, pulled himself up and used his back legs to push open the top drawer, he them jumped to the open drawer and pried opened the cabinet doors and climbed on the folded towels in less than a min.

MM3

Site Supporter
What is the name of the breeder, if u don't mind me asking that has the legend leopards for sale. Is the chattery in Pensilvania.?

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Well I would consider it a sales gimmick. Chris has both Savannahs and Bengals and from what I understand has bred these two breed together to create large cats. Chris is also the breeder who sold F1 Savannah kittens to A1 Savannahs for resale as Ashera cats which were subsequently confiscated in Europe - very sad story...

MM3

Site Supporter
yes, it was Cutting Edge Savannahs in PA.
NO NO NO...Would not recommend him!
I trusted he would send a healthy kitten as verbally promised and as was stated/ documented ( by vet)on contract! See this was and is my question, if the specific test ( not general test for worms or general medication given for worms)SPECIFIC TEST for parasites isn't done ( stool sample) which is proof, how can Chris say she is healthy. He doesn't know if she has parasites, he assumes. I asked Chris for a copy of the test to see for myself that kitty was tested for parasites and he ignored the request. I realize it's an additional cost ( here $130 it took doing this test 3 times during the course of the compound RX nightmare for kitty but is it morally correct selling me a kitty that Chris clearly stated was a healthy kitten!! My kitten arrived with a severe case of diaherria 4 parasites and a virus. Oh I could go on and on .....on but not good for my blood pressure. 3 L-o-n-g months later after many many visits to the vet, many tests and SEVERAL COMPOUND RX's ( not to mention HUNDREDS HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS) later I have what I thought I bought and was promised a healthy kitty. And it's NOT even all that, it's feeling so helpless when this little baby comes to you & is so sick,and is hiding because she knows some horrid tasting medicine is going to be given to her. But Chris claimed to care about his kittens. He emailed me only ONCE and that was to respond to me emailing him notifying him she was ill. After that NEVER ONCE did he call or email to check to see how she was doing! What I have shared here is the absolute TRUTH! To date STILL HAS NOT CONTACTED ME TO SEE HOW SHE IS DOING! I told him he does this for the money! Because by his conduct that is what HE showed me.

Rafiki

Site Supporter
If I am not mistaken, the legend leopard is a cross between a bengal and a pixie-bob. They have the hooded eyes and jowls of the male pixiebobs but the ears are rounder and are missing the ear tuffs. Those cats look a lot like Agents' cats. http://www.agentcats.com/pages/stars.htm If this is so, I love how he is claiming "It's only through selective breeding that I achieved my goal of producing a breed that appears to contain bobcat blood" and "to protect the integrity of my lines I have decided to not divulge the genetics of the cats used in my Legend Leopards program at this time". Uh no, you bought a pixie bob and mated it to a bengal; end of story.

MM3

Site Supporter
If I am not mistaken, the legend leopard is a cross between a bengal and a pixie-bob. They have the hooded eyes and jowls of the male pixiebobs but the ears are rounder and are missing the ear tuffs. Those cats look a lot like Agents' cats. http://www.agentcats.com/pages/stars.htm If this is so, I love how he is claiming "It's only through selective breeding that I achieved my goal of producing a breed that appears to contain bobcat blood" and "to protect the integrity of my lines I have decided to not divulge the genetics of the cats used in my Legend Leopards program at this time". Uh no, you bought a pixie bob and mated it to a bengal; end of story.
I'm sure it's all about money, when it should be about INTEGRITY! End of story

John Popp

Site Supporter
You can see the same look in some of the infrequently used studs in SE's program as well. Some were deemed as experimental along the way and have seemingly been abandoned as any type of quest for claiming them as a new breed.

Status
Not open for further replies.