Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Leggggs

DSE RioRancho

Savannah Child
F8 SBT, and definitely on the wild side. Any eye contact than 2 seconds and he will leap at my face. No fear in him even at 14 weeks. He is a Tasmanian devil, never seems to tire of running, chasing and climbing!

Vito

Site Supporter
F8 SBT, and definitely on the wild side. Any eye contact than 2 seconds and he will leap at my face. No fear in him even at 14 weeks. He is a Tasmanian devil, never seems to tire of running, chasing and climbing!
Jinx is a real beauty, looks like he will be a tall leggy boy, and a bit of a handful too:) it's lovely watching them grow as kittens, they certainly grow like weeds. I weighed Vito yesterday and at 11 months he's just shy of 6kg, he certainly doesn't look that heavy as he too is tall and leggy. He seems to be going through a bit of a lanky stage again. How is Jinx getting on with your other sav ?

DSE RioRancho

Savannah Child
I’m talking it slow with putting the two of them together. Jinx is very rowdy and I don’t want them to get off to a bad start. The first few days each was hissing at just the scent of the other. That part has since calmed down, so I have been letting them be in the same room for just 5 minutes at a time. So far so good, mostly just chasing each other and a lot of chirping with an occasional hiss thrown in, lol. Will be slowly increasing the duration as each becomes more comfortable. Pics to come soon!

Vito

Site Supporter
I’m talking it slow with putting the two of them together. Jinx is very rowdy and I don’t want them to get off to a bad start. The first few days each was hissing at just the scent of the other. That part has since calmed down, so I have been letting them be in the same room for just 5 minutes at a time. So far so good, mostly just chasing each other and a lot of chirping with an occasional hiss thrown in, lol. Will be slowly increasing the duration as each becomes more comfortable. Pics to come soon!
Sounds like your handling the introduction really well and not rushing it, I'm sure in no time they'll be thick as thieves :) Double trouble from there on. Look forward to the pics.

DSE RioRancho

Savannah Child
Another week has passed and the two kitties are now together full time, including overnights where they both sleep on the bed with me. For three nights in a row Jinx has slept under the covers with me curled up at my abdomen. What a little furnace he is!
They chase each other all around the house all day long, lots of fun to watch and then clean up their paths of destruction.

Attachments

• 2C2DA6EE-8CEF-4EBF-BEA3-AA1664F8659E.jpeg
    2C2DA6EE-8CEF-4EBF-BEA3-AA1664F8659E.jpeg
    313.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 3A326D2B-3CC8-4140-AA7D-39548142D20C.jpeg
    3A326D2B-3CC8-4140-AA7D-39548142D20C.jpeg
    254.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 065C0875-0264-49C5-A5A2-2A0833BEFF0E.jpeg
    065C0875-0264-49C5-A5A2-2A0833BEFF0E.jpeg
    386.1 KB · Views: 8
  • EE671495-F4DB-4CA9-B8E5-6CABAA548B91.jpeg
    EE671495-F4DB-4CA9-B8E5-6CABAA548B91.jpeg
    452.2 KB · Views: 8

Vito

Site Supporter
Another week has passed and the two kitties are now together full time, including overnights where they both sleep on the bed with me. For three nights in a row Jinx has slept under the covers with me curled up at my abdomen. What a little furnace he is!
They chase each other all around the house all day long, lots of fun to watch and then clean up their paths of destruction.
That's great news, looking as though their enjoying each others company, beautiful photos . You have some lovely cat furniture for them to play on. Vito likes to get in the bed and lie in the same place, he's like a little hot water bottle, he also likes to sleep stretched out across hubby's neck for some reason, that was okay when he was a smaller kitten, now he's 13lbs and still does it.