Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Lennox was put to sleep

Trish Allearz

For those who read the full story about Lennox, the Belfast City Council finally euthanized him- they refused to let the family visit him and refused to return his body to the family. They might 'mail some ashes' to the family...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-18794360

Mind you- the story makes Lennox out to be a horribly aggressive dog, but I don't think that was the case. I think if you read the story- they felt pressured and became pissed off- so they decided to turn it around on the owners. I am very sad about this- the family worked very hard to save this dog. Victoria Stillwell even offered to take Lennox and put him into a sanctuary in the United States so he could live- Belfast Council ignored her as well.

D

Dantes

These people are really sick to take out their need for control and their aggression on a dog. Too sad.

Trish Allearz

These people are really sick to take out their need for control and their aggression on a dog. Too sad.
It has been said that they are hanging up on anyone who calls about Lennox there... Do I think the crazies helped in the campaign? No- I think they only hurt- all of us- when it comes to these types of things, but you can't blame the family nor Lennox for the crazies out there.

admin

Paige
Staff member
No - the family cannot be blamed...unfortunately there are always extremists on both side :(

Treywi

April
I hate BSL. It makes no sense what so ever. And the comment in the article from the kennel workers about how he'd be friendly one day and the next try to get at them. Well I've worked in a animal shelter. I can't imagine any dog being confined that long not having some type of issues. I feel sad for the family but at the same time I do wish people who live in areas that don't allow a certain breed not to get one. I understand some can be questionable in which breed they are, but if there is any chance it might be best not to get. It usually turns out bad for the dog. :(