Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leto's BIG day!

Pam and Will

Savannah Super Cat
Hi everyone!
LETO IS HOME.. LETO IS HOME! *shouting from the roof top*

Yesterday was a big and stressful day for Leto, the 2nd plane on the flight in had problems and they had to move him to a later flight extending his travel by a couple of hours. So when he got to Charlotte it had been a 10 to 11 hour day in the carrier. I felt so bad.. but we got him home he got out of the carrier within a few minutes, the smell (due to you know) was not pleasant. He hid away in a box I had setup with big hole cut in the side and he proceeded to clean up. We wanted to help but there was none of that for sure!

So after he cleaned himself up he found the litter mat and fell in love with it, rubbing, scratching and rolling on it. He did roam the house for a little, checked out main rooms as the other doors were closed off and eventually got him back into the room with some play and a rolling ball. :)

We spent the evening talking and playing with him, he loved the Hyendry sheep skin toys!! And proceeded to beat one down for a while! Pam slept in his room. A few got a chuckle out of that in chat there... ;) He is officially the other man, but I'm ok with that! And said he spent a good portion of the night attacking the toys and such. This morning he was ready for a good long cat nap and slept in the 'box' for a few hours... out like a light!

He's drinking, not much on eating though just yet. Last night any approach within a few feet was met with a little growl, and maybe a retreat to the box for a few. Today we have achieved no growling and a few moments ago Pam was able to touch his chin after he gave her hand a good sniff, of course from the safety of "Leto's fortress of solitude" aka: The box.

During his out time he did make himself at home on the ottoman we put by the window for him, and the master bed! LOL

More pictures to come... there on Pam's phone! :confused: Needless to say we are SO SO very happy he is home! Updates soon!! Thanks everyone!

Attachments

• LetoHome2.jpg
    LetoHome2.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 42
  • LetoHome3.jpg
    LetoHome3.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 42
  • LetoHome1.jpg
    LetoHome1.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 38

admin

Paige
Staff member
Thanks for the update, Will! Sounds (and looks) like Leto is making himself at home! You are doing everything right ;)

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
Give him time to settle and then come to you and I am sure all will be fine :)

Can't imagine those window hangings lasting too long in my house though! LOL!

Congratulations on your new arrival!

Pam and Will

Savannah Super Cat
Calm evening and Leto is in his shanty napping peacefully, a little disturbed cause someone had the nerve to use a flash for his picture! He played a good bit today, I see when others say the feather teasers don't last long, it's lost 2 feathers already!

The black shape beside him is his sheep toy... he took it into the box to bash it around a little and it's now beside him for his nap.

:)

Attachments

• LetoNapping08122013.jpg
    LetoNapping08122013.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 25
T

The Kasbah

I have on my future-predicting faux mink turban and I see a much relaxed and interactive SV by this weekend at the latest. No charge for this reading.
Deborah, we are going to have to chat about your faux mink future telling turban. Alll I have over here is an outdated crystal ball...but I am picking up on the exact information you are receiving from your turban!!! ha ha.

T

The Kasbah

Hi everyone!
LETO IS HOME.. LETO IS HOME! *shouting from the roof top*

Yesterday was a big and stressful day for Leto, the 2nd plane on the flight in had problems and they had to move him to a later flight extending his travel by a couple of hours. So when he got to Charlotte it had been a 10 to 11 hour day in the carrier. I felt so bad.. but we got him home he got out of the carrier within a few minutes, the smell (due to you know) was not pleasant. He hid away in a box I had setup with big hole cut in the side and he proceeded to clean up. We wanted to help but there was none of that for sure!

So after he cleaned himself up he found the litter mat and fell in love with it, rubbing, scratching and rolling on it. He did roam the house for a little, checked out main rooms as the other doors were closed off and eventually got him back into the room with some play and a rolling ball. :)

We spent the evening talking and playing with him, he loved the Hyendry sheep skin toys!! And proceeded to beat one down for a while! Pam slept in his room. A few got a chuckle out of that in chat there... ;) He is officially the other man, but I'm ok with that! And said he spent a good portion of the night attacking the toys and such. This morning he was ready for a good long cat nap and slept in the 'box' for a few hours... out like a light!

He's drinking, not much on eating though just yet. Last night any approach within a few feet was met with a little growl, and maybe a retreat to the box for a few. Today we have achieved no growling and a few moments ago Pam was able to touch his chin after he gave her hand a good sniff, of course from the safety of "Leto's fortress of solitude" aka: The box.

During his out time he did make himself at home on the ottoman we put by the window for him, and the master bed! LOL

More pictures to come... there on Pam's phone! :confused: Needless to say we are SO SO very happy he is home! Updates soon!! Thanks everyone!
Hurray, hurray!!!!!!!!!! I told you that you were going to adore him!!! After a few days you will really get to see him in action and I promise, he has a personality that is larger than life itself. Just love that boy and am so very happy that he is making his home with you and Pam. :) xoxoxo