Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

LITTER BOX SUPER FIND!

MM3

Site Supporter
i was searching for a litter box that had higher sides than the cement mixing box that I have been using. When kitty waits till the last minute to pee, she is in a big hurry and at this instance doesn't allow herself time to choose a spot, and get herself ready. She just hops in and goes. Well, what happens is she ends up going over the side, because she doesnt squat as much as she usually does. So looked on the Internet and found this. ( see photo) it arrives today. Kitty hasn't used it yet but the measurements are wonderful. Have it in place ........waiting to see when kitty uses it.

Attachments

admin

Paige
Staff member
the only issue is the one you posted is only 10" tall...that would not work for my big boys!!! I use a very high rubbermaid storage bin, just like cmantis...

John Popp

Site Supporter
I use the large Sterilite containers. Clear as Brigitte recommended, large (106 quarts) but only 13.5" tall. They're big enough and long so with the litter I don't have corner pee'r issues and tall enough that nothing goes over the top. A lot more than I would like to spend at $25 each, but they have been great.

Oh and Dino is definitely a kicker and he's not launching litter over the top. The bigger issue is when he jumps in the shower, it must put him on notice that he needs to go use his litter box and ends up tracking a bit with wet paws.

Sterilite 18898004 106 Quart Latch Box

• Measurements: 33-3/4-Inch length by 19-3/8-Inch width by 13-3/8-Inch height

Last edited:

Patti

Admin
Staff member
i was searching for a litter box that had higher sides than the cement mixing box that I have been using. When kitty waits till the last minute to pee, she is in a big hurry and at this instance doesn't allow herself time to choose a spot, and get herself ready. She just hops in and goes. Well, what happens is she ends up going over the side, because she doesnt squat as much as she usually does. So looked on the Internet and found this. ( see photo) it arrives today. Kitty hasn't used it yet but the measurements are wonderful. Have it in place ........waiting to see when kitty uses it.
This looks nice! I have some cats who don't like the high walls of the Sterilite totes (even the clear ones) but love the cement mixing trays. Please let us know how this works out, and if it contains the pee, as well as the litter, better than the mixing trays.

MM3

Site Supporter
This looks nice! I have some cats who don't like the high walls of the Sterilite totes (even the clear ones) but love the cement mixing trays. Please let us know how this works out, and if it contains the pee, as well as the litter, better than the mixing trays.
Works PERFECT! I'm getting another one, for a back up!

Diane

Savannah Super Cat
I use this one and it works out great so far. I bought it at Petsmart.

MM3

Site Supporter
3 days into the transition. Seems to be accepted, kitty is handling the change quite nicely. Can't comment on whether the litter is contained since I use dirt. All is well here:)