Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Litter Kwitter

Xenaph

Savannah Super Cat
Hi,

I did a little research and i dont find my answer with all thread talking about that.

I begin the Litter Kwitter 24h ago, i remove all litter box in the house.

Since i begin, he only pee two times but nothing else. I'm away from home for all day, is it ok or maybe he will use my floor to do the big thing or not just pee ?

The litter kwitter is front of the toilet, i also put a 2 feet tree in the bathroom. Abbas love to "scracht" the litter kwitter, like he love to scrach everytime he love like his feed bolw etc.

Xenaph

Savannah Super Cat
He already poo in! So i think it the first step! Tonight i will put the litter kwitter on the Toilet with the red step.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
It sounds like you may be going a bit too fast, you might want to back up and take each stage a little slower until he is consistently doing his business where you want him to.

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
This morning he did his business very well, but he also did a lot of damage lol

The process needs to slow and the time table is not a one size fits all. Minimum 2 weeks on each phase, but will you have to watch how well they and fast they catch on to each section. Also, from time to time, you will need some recurrent training (with the green insert). You said he did a lot of damage... Pee usually goes easier than the Poo....

What Damage?

Xenaph

Savannah Super Cat
An half of Litter kwitter was on the floor.

F%C3%A9line%20Fresh%202.73%20kg-600x600.jpg

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
I never had quite that much on the ground, but when Elsa started she was only 8 weeks old... She did get a fair amount on the floor. I see you have Clumping Litter, Not sure how that may affect your toilet plumbing... Don't want to see any plunger action here.

Elsa uses (when retraining) Feline Pine Original.
felinepine.jpg
I think the packaging changed, so may look a little different. You can check it out at: http://www.petsmart.com/supplies-tr...36-catid-200093?var_id=36-13480&_t=pfm=search This litter is not granular, but more of a pellet.