Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lol! Biz hypnotizes Jengo to retreat

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
Is that Jengo's room?

It looks as if they still have a few territory issues to work out :) The interaction seemed pretty mild...lots of long-legged slapping but no real brawling....

Charley

Savannah Super Cat
That was Biz's room. This came after playing tag as I call it. They chase each other and swoosh tails in each other's faces. This is as bad as it ever gets. They have a couple a day. Since I moved the litter box out there have been no issues about that room. This was awhile ago. They seem typical brothers...love one minute, spat, run away, find each other and play again. They like to wrestle and pounce each other.

It's 11 weeks today and they seem to work out things amongst themselves. I haven't had to step in. They are still working out the bed issue we get a tussle every couple of mornings if Biz joins us.

They are litter sharing and food plate sharing even though they get fed across the room from each other, lol. They run around looking for each other, groom each other...etc.

Carykd7kau

Reincarnated cat Moderator
Charley, your kids are so cute playing. I see 2 cats who are buddies. Hard to tell which is the Alpha, but it looks like they are pretty equaled out. If I had to choose, I would say Bizley is the most alpha. But I would hate to live on the difference.

Carykd7kau

Reincarnated cat Moderator
John, That was not rough. That was play sparring. Kilifi and Azidi are a LOT worse. They fight for real. But then, THAT is why I do not turn them loose at each other.
BTW I did not see any claws extended in the video. Just flat hand slapping. No worries.

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
John, That was not rough. That was play sparring. Kilifi and Azidi are a LOT worse. They fight for real. But then, THAT is why I do not turn them loose at each other.
BTW I did not see any claws extended in the video. Just flat hand slapping. No worries.

Very True... I am just saying as long as they don't get worse than that... Would not want to see them in a for real fight...

Charley

Savannah Super Cat
I suspect Biz is a wee bit more alpha because he's an "in your face" kind of personality BUT Jengo likes to instigate when no one is looking. We have a see through fire place and open living room so I will peak through and I will see Jengo run up and swoosh a tail or smack Biz's butt. Jengo's just tries to retain "golden child status" but we have a see through fireplace downstairs and I watch Jengo nip at Biz's butt or smack it an effort to play.

If they fought for real that would be really scary they are both very strong. Thus far someone always backs down. Biz has a hypnotic stare, lol and Jengo will hiss if he's really upset. What's funny is the "loser" always runs and finds mommy, lol!

They are rough and tumble boys for sure. They both seem really happy. I've never seen them act afraid of each other after introduction even after what I would consider very rough play. They just walk away pretty casually get food, sniff each other's butt and find something else to get into, lol.