Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Look at those Chompers!

John Popp

Site Supporter
Dooley's teeth are coming in differently than what I've seen from Most kittens. For about a week of 10 days he had 8 fangs (canines), and now we are finally down to 6.

Anyway, it doesn't look like his baby canines are ready to bolt any time soon and just wondering when it might become problematic.

Thanks!

16848817604_a4ddf61242_z.jpg

Rafiki

Site Supporter
Rafiki had the double set of chompers for almost a week and the baby teeth auto-magically fell out without warning. We were not able to find and keep them.

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
I've never found the teeth fallen out, but have seen them having "shark teeth" for some weeks... as long as you don't see them causing the kitten a problem it is just fine...

Trishy

Site Supporter
My turn. Leo and Smooch both have doubles top and bottom. Couldn't get one not blurry of Leo but here's Smooch...

2015-07-23 09.58.20.jpg 2015-07-23 09.58.21.jpg 2015-07-23 09.58.10 copy.jpg

And yes, I only take pencils out on special occasions such as wanting to see their teeth.

Trishy

Site Supporter
One of the bottom baby fangs that you see pictured above was missing today. My daughter was like "MOM, you didn't LOOK for it???" So I sighed and went up to their bedroom and started feeling around in the places that she sleeps and sure enough there it was under her pillow in her bed waiting for the kitty tooth fairy to leave a treat, lol. She is 5 months, 2 weeks.

Trishy

Site Supporter
I think I just got lucky Cary. Smooch keeps her favorite chew toy in her bed so I was hoping to find it embedded in that. It's a miniature dog knotted rope toy and she has been gnawing on it. Like all their other toys I check it every day for signs of wear but this one is holding up pretty well unlike those poor little cat toys that last about a day or two. Leo is really good with the toys, he just wants to love them and give them baths. Smooch is a bit rougher.