Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for bits of wisdom on having a new kitten in the house.

Pam and Will

Savannah Super Cat
Hi guys!

We are eagerly waiting Stilgar's arrival later this month. Here's a recent photo from Cynthia! He was in a 'playful' mood that day! LOL
Stilgar_11.01.2013_5.jpg

We have the plan of keeping him in 'his' room for 2 weeks and swapping blankets, toys and such better he and Leto to introduce each others 'smells'. We know they'll 'chat' under the door and will take the first face to face introduction slow.

What I'm thinking is any tips or "wish I had..." type of advice of having a new kitten and a more or less gown SV in the house. Funny stories... lessons learned...

Thanks!

admin

Paige
Staff member
Hi guys!

We are eagerly waiting Stilgar's arrival later this month. Here's a recent photo from Cynthia! He was in a 'playful' mood that day! LOL
View attachment 10413

We have the plan of keeping him in 'his' room for 2 weeks and swapping blankets, toys and such better he and Leto to introduce each others 'smells'. We know they'll 'chat' under the door and will take the first face to face introduction slow.

What I'm thinking is any tips or "wish I had..." type of advice of having a new kitten and a more or less gown SV in the house. Funny stories... lessons learned...

Thanks!

Will, there are lots of posts on this subject...look under new kitten introductions in the search...

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
Just the general advice to remove all breakables as if you thought one SV in the house was bad, two are exponentially worse! LOL! The stampede of Savannah playtime is awesome... most of mine play with abandon, race about the house with little regard for where they are landing or what they knock aside...

And charge your camera batteries and get some rest now...

Angie Panczak

Savannah Super Cat
House plants and fake plants must go! One of my kittens went to a new owner and a few weeks later had a surgery to remove fake plants from his stomach.

The Jensen's

Savannah Super Cat
LOL!! Yea, we've been saying to each other this week... two Huh? It'll take little brother a bit to get up to size... but I'm sure Leto will be showing him the ropes!!
Now that's the truest statement ever. My two older babies eat everything! Even the vents!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Angie Panczak

Savannah Super Cat
Don't leave drawers open