Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Looking to buy

Trailrun53

Savannah Kitten
Hello. My wife & I live in Ohio & are looking to buy a Savannah.
Seems like there are incredibly high prices from some breeders, average pricing & even a scam or two.
Any names of fair priced breeders that are within 6-8 hours of southern Ohio would be appreciated.
We are most likely looking for an F3-5. I’d even be open to a rescue.
Thanks

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Any of the breeders on this forum can be trusted, and I believe there are at least a few on your end of the continent.

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
These 3 in Ohio are listed by this forum's owner as legit:
Amanukatz - Connie Slagle - http://amanukats.com
Moonspire Savannah Cats- Jess Rumancik - https://www.facebook.com/MoonspireSavannahs/
Sunny Savannahs - Meghan Romito - https://sunnysavannahs.com

The cost of any SV is dependent on many factors. One of the most important is how close to "type" the kitten is (how much does it resemble its serval ancestor). And other factors include the general cost of veterinary care, food, cat housing/maintenance which varies geographically and is dependent on cost of living in any particular state. I'm pretty sure all savannah breeders think their kittens are fairly priced which may not be in line with what you want to pay or can afford. Some of the non standard kittens occasionally cost a bit less -- marble coat pattern rather than spotted, a non permissible color such as blue -- but again, if the coat is non standard but the kitten's body type is spot on, that will affect the price.

Older kittens, adult cats, retired breeders may also be reduced in cost but may present bigger challenges than adopting a kitten, especially for first-time savannah cat owners.

Trailrun53

Savannah Kitten
Picked up our kitten today. He’s wild, then he crashes.
Going to take a little work acclimating the dog, but all will be good in a day or two.

MACHEV

Site Supporter
Hello. My wife & I live in Ohio & are looking to buy a Savannah.
Seems like there are incredibly high prices from some breeders, average pricing & even a scam or two.
Any names of fair priced breeders that are within 6-8 hours of southern Ohio would be appreciated.
We are most likely looking for an F3-5. I’d even be open to a rescue.
Thanks
A1Savannahs has f3 kittens right now. That’s where we got our little girl!!! Oklahoma, but will ship. I drove out from Indianapolis to get mine - 11 hours but I wanted to see the cattery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trailrun53

Savannah Kitten
Congrats!! That was an awfully quick buy. And hopefully you are giving him his own room for a minimum of two weeks? You should read this:
https://www.savannahcatchat.com/threads/introducing-a-new-cat-into-the-family.4746/

He is spending 95% of his time in our master. But venturing out into the house some now.

Two questions.
He’s sneaking into the dog food. It’s a high dollar grain free that my wife buys. But just unsure if t could cause any belly issues. Seems to be using the bathroom ok.

He likes to play in his litter. Never seen a cat do this. We are trying the pellet type that disintegrate and a second box of tidy cat in a different area of the house. He likes to play in both.

Attachments

Trailrun53

Savannah Kitten
He is spending 95% of his time in our master. But venturing out into the house some now.

Two questions.
He’s sneaking into the dog food. It’s a high dollar grain free that my wife buys. But just unsure if t could cause any belly issues. Seems to be using the bathroom ok.

He likes to play in his litter. Never seen a cat do this. We are trying the pellet type that disintegrate and a second box of tidy cat in a different area of the house. He likes to play in both.
He is 13 weeks old.