Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Lumps - any advice please?

Evie

Savannah Super Cat
Hi everyone, Kitoko has a small lump on the back of one of her ears. As I am not able to handle her properly I am not sure what it is. I will attach a photo so you can kind of see it on her left ear towards the base. I noticed it shortly after she arrived and thought it must be a bit of food or something as the colour is much paler than the rest of the fur on her ears. I thought it would grow out before I was able to investigate as I still cannot handle her well enough. This afternoon she fell asleep on my lap and I managed to feel that it was actually a hard little lump? I will email or call the breeder to ask her if she noticed it but I know she will ask why I haven't kept up with the daily scruffing! Thought I'd ask you guys first - really don't want a vet visit but can't leave it without knowing what it is? IMG_20140728_165312053.jpg

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
We once had a kitten here with a spot much like your kitten's. It seemed to be firm to the touch, and covered with white hair. The spot appeared soon after she was born, and did not disappear. Our vet had no idea what it was and deemed it harmless. We just thought of it as a beauty mark :)

DSCF9523.jpg

Evie

Savannah Super Cat
Hi Pam, thank you, yes it does feel like a liitle hard lump. I have emailed the breeder so hopefully she can shed some light on it for me. In the meantime I won't worry so much. I guess I will be making a trip to the vet though! :)

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I had a girl here several years ago with a similar spot, also on her ear - quite interesting as up until now I'd never heard of any other cats having such a thing. Like Pam, I had it checked out by the vet who deemed it to be harmless. It remained unchanged her entire life.

Yejide 11-17-06 19 possible locket.jpg Yejide 11-17-06 23 locket again.jpg

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
How intriguing! I too, had never seen this before or since...now here are pics of three unrelated (I think) kittens with beauty spots in approximately the same place on the ear :)

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
Curious as you say, Pam, it seems harmless but odd that three cats have one in the same place... I wonder what it might be...something like a mole or beauty spot?

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
It is probably nothing... But as with anything that just appears, a Vet Visit may be in order, and I hope that your Breeder has some info for us... Please let us know what you find out.