Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Male vs. Female

Joey Jordan

Savannah Super Cat
I'm thinking about adding a second savannah to my family. Trying to decide if I want another male or get a female. Do the females have the same type personality as the males? Are they calmer? Do females show more affection? I'd love to hear from others experience.

NikkiA

Site Supporter
I have 3 SV males. F3, F4, and F5. I don't know much, but I do know that every cat is different, and our 3 boys vary in the amount of affection they bestow and when they bestow it.
I've never had a female.
I have an F4 boy who is so cuddly he literally throws himself into our arms when we are on the couch or in bed, flips over on his back and snuggles with his head under your chin, or wants to be held and snuggled like a teddy bear while he kneads. Usually one after the other. Our F5 boy likes to lay next to me or on top of me, and hold my hand between his paws. He frequently asks to be picked up and carried (by jumping at you- he expects you to put your arms out and catch him). If you ignore, he will jump on your shoulders.
Our F3 boy is least snuggly. He likes to be with us, and cuddles on the couch and in bed, but he doesn't display affection the same way the other two do. He is however always at the door meeting us when we get home, and we get a head butt when we walk in the door from him, and if you are in my house and sick, he is the boy who is glued to you purring up a storm and trying to groom you.

kabuki

Savannah Super Cat
I have 3 SV males. F3, F4, and F5. I don't know much, but I do know that every cat is different, and our 3 boys vary in the amount of affection they bestow and when they bestow it.
I've never had a female.
I have an F4 boy who is so cuddly he literally throws himself into our arms when we are on the couch or in bed, flips over on his back and snuggles with his head under your chin, or wants to be held and snuggled like a teddy bear while he kneads. Usually one after the other. Our F5 boy likes to lay next to me or on top of me, and hold my hand between his paws. He frequently asks to be picked up and carried (by jumping at you- he expects you to put your arms out and catch him). If you ignore, he will jump on your shoulders.
Our F3 boy is least snuggly. He likes to be with us, and cuddles on the couch and in bed, but he doesn't display affection the same way the other two do. He is however always at the door meeting us when we get home, and we get a head butt when we walk in the door from him, and if you are in my house and sick, he is the boy who is glued to you purring up a storm and trying to groom you.
What are their weights and ages respectively. Curious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

admin

Paige
Staff member
I have two females and three males...the males are definitely more laid back, although Ixas is becoming a bit more mischievous as he gets older...the females are just plain awesome! Smarter than the males (sorry boys), a bit more hyper (want to interact more), more mischievous, and just more of everything...

NikkiA

Site Supporter
What are their weights and ages respectively. Curious
F5 Diablo- 14.5 pounds, born July 20, 2011
F3 Jarvis- 18 pounds, born Feb. 10, 2012
F4 Mickey Blue Eyes- 12.5 pounds, born June 2012

Jarvis is taller and bigger boned than the other two are. D is tall and leggy, with a slender build. Mickey is all around smaller, built more like D than Jarvis. Mickey probably would have been larger, but was very ill as a kitten and we think it stunted his growth. He still has giant paws. We don't care, we didn't buy for size and we are just glad we were able to identify the problem and consider ourselves lucky to have him.

Becki

Savannah Super Cat
I have a boy and a girl. They, like most kitties, have unique personalities. My girl might be smarter, she is the one who turns on faucets and opens doors. She is pretty energetic, but much calmer than Kovu. That really isn't a huge feat, however, as I can't imagine most cats aren't calmer than Kovu. He pegs the energy-o-meter! He is still very young, though, so he may not be this crazy forever. They are both affectionate, however Kovu wants you to hold him and carrying him around. He jumps at you to catch him, or will just crawl on you from the counter. Nyah wants no parts of being carried or held! They both snuggle by you or on top of you in bed or on the couch, they both give headbutts and purr, Kovu is a bit more obnoxious when it comes to rubbing his face all over yours. They both greet me at the door. They both come when you call their name. I couldn't say if I preferred one over the other's personality, they are both special.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I have two females and three males...the males are definitely more laid back, although Ixas is becoming a bit more mischievous as he gets older...the females are just plain awesome! Smarter than the males (sorry boys), a bit more hyper (want to interact more), more mischievous, and just more of everything...
I completely agree with Paige's description! Boys are more laid back, females are more curious, adventurous... and stubborn.