Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Meet my buddy Jaxx

Decnav

Savannah Teenager
Jaxx was born around christmas and came home with us at the end of February. We currently have a 8 year old westie, and a 3 year old ( vets guess) cat that decided he liked coming into our house.

First day was fun, then came the first night. Poor Jaxx was screaming all nite for his cat buddies. Second day the dog got into the room with the cat, and that didnt go well at all, thought the do was going to hunt Jaxx. So first week is utter chaos, so I start bring Jaxx to work with me. Much better, easier to keep the dog and kitten separated. After two weeks of Jaxx inhaling kitten food we try him with the do again, and after about 5 min of showing the dog the paw razors, best buddies. Jaxx and the other cat, Meatball, run around the house causing cat insanity. All the animals get along awesomely now. He is my buddy now, goes with me to work most days, rides in the car in a carrier with out a peep. Taking him to the pet store is fun, I put him on a harness and leash and hold him. He just lays im my arms even if there are barking insane dogs about. Loves his 5 min"trying"out all the cat climbing toys.
Doesn't scratch, doesn't bite, loves belly rubs and head rubs, loves being held. He is just the same with the wife and kids also. Greatest cat ever!!!!!

Here is his imgur : Jaxx the cat
And here is him being chatty one day : https://streamable.com/73nr7

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Jaxx is adorable! I'm glad he was able to settle in easily after the initial fiasco - it's rarely easy to integrate a new fur member into the family but usually it works out eventually (y)

admin

Paige
Staff member
Awww, jaxx is seriously adorable! Sounds like a hectic first week, but also sounds like it is getting better?

Decnav

Savannah Teenager
Yea, no issues beside normal cat things. He comes to work with me most days, but as soon as he get home, its cat insanity time with our other cat. They are so much fun to watch run around and play. the dog gets in on the fun some too, but he is a bit older and is done playing much faster than the cats. They are hi energy kitties, but thats what I wanted. At 6 months old now I just started walking him outside on a leash.

I have had a few cats prior to him, and have worked on getting the local feral community fixed. The ones they said were "too wild" they clip the ear and release them back here. I feed them, and can pet some of them now. Our current cat came from the outside group, he just came in one day when the door was open and usualy doesnt want out. I dont think im going to let Jaxx out for walks at the house, we will keep it to parks and fields.

Decnav

Savannah Teenager
So Jaxx is 8 months old now, weighed in at 12.5 lbs on the petstore scale. He has been out on many walks, has no issues with having his walking vest on. When we are out sometimes he walks around other time he just plops down and chills. Only thing "wrong" he does is get on the guinea pigs cages, but so does the other cat. Best buddy cat ever so far.

Attachments

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Jaxx is gorgeous, and sounds like a perfect companion - except to the guinea pigs! How do they react when he gets on the cage? Do they freak out or are they used to it by now?

admin

Paige
Staff member
He's a big boy! Sounds like all is going well and Jaxx loves to walk on a harness and leash, which is great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk