Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Meet Zazu!

Ninja-n-Bear

Site Supporter
Christmas came a couple years early. We've adopted (well, with money, lol) a beautiful F2 lady! It's earlier than we planned, but when she 'fell into my lap' I couldn't find the will to resist. She looks scared in the photo as she'd just gotten to her foster home the day before, but gave me scrinchy eyes and chirps when I spoke to her. We are excited to open our home and hearts to this lovely girl.

Her name is Zazu!

IMG_4281.jpg

Ninja-n-Bear

Site Supporter
Zazu is home! She got here last week, and promptly hid in the closet, lol, no idea how she got the door open. It took me 4 days and LOTS of sweet talking/treats, but she's out now, and has started tentatively playing - still quite hissy - and will eat with me in the room. No pics yet, I don't want to freak her out with the camera, but SOON!

Now I just have to worry about getting Bear to accept her without beating up on Ninja... oy, that Bear! He's already upset, going to try Feliway and see if it helps.

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
I don't envy you the process of acclimatizing and introducing a new cat into the house. It's nerve wracking waiting to see what, if any, changes will occur with the relationship between resident cats as well as waiting to see how the new cat adapts. I hope it goes well. Keep us posted.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Some kittens are just more sensitive than others when it comes to adjusting to a new home. I'm sure with patience and lots of love she will eventually come around. Bear will need the same patience, and a lot of reinforcement that his place in your home (and heart) has not been usurped by the new kitty.

Ninja-n-Bear

Site Supporter
Thank you, Patti! Bear is doing okay, I did some scent swapping last night and he chased Ninja around the house afterward, but calmed right away when I intervened. I think it's the change that bothers him most.

Zazu is getting progressively more comfortable, she plays with more and more abandon, and comes down from her tree more readily when we go in the room. She's VERY chatty, lol, and I think I know her noises for "feed me, silly human", and "make that thing move". I'll be sleeping with her this week, and being in her space more in general. I snuck in a couple pics while she was playing today...

IMG_4399.jpg IMG_4401.jpg

Things are going well, more scent swapping with less reaction from Bear. Zazu is also coming along well, she approached me for more food after evening playtime today, and seems much more comfortable. I'm feel like I'm learning a new kitty language with her funky sounds. Today while we were playing I was touching her with the feather wand and I said "you realize this is just like me touching you, right?", and she looked me straight in the eye and said "HISS!".
:roflmao: She's got cattitude.