Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Meet Zazu!

Renee

Savannah Super Cat
Lol!!! I love it :)

Congratulations on the new one, I'm so excited for you. She's already training you it seems.

More Pics!!!

Lol!!! I love it :)

Congratulations on the new one, I'm so excited for you. She's already training you it seems.

More Pics!!!
Yep, she is on the job, for sure. She asked for playtime today - my heart melted. Looked at me, tapped the wand, looked at me. I think she'll be a real lover eventually.

More pics, yes! I have to be sly, she doesn't like phones/cameras, lol.

Well, she's proved me wrong, maybe just to be contrary. I really feel we're over the hump now, she came to investigate my coffee mug mid-romp (good grief, not another coffee lover LOL), and chirps when I enter the room instead of hissing. I adore her torso markings - not quite spots, not quite marble.

IMG_4423.jpg IMG_4424.jpg IMG_4425.jpg

Patti

Admin
Staff member
LOL, she definitely has cattitude, but I'm glad to hear that she is warming up to her new home and family. She is a gorgeous girl, I hope you can post more pics soon!

I have a couple of questions:

Am I feeding her enough? She gets 9oz of wet raw and roughly 1/2 cup of freeze-dried per day, plus a few small treats. Her weight was a little over 4lbs at the beginning of Oct (born Aug 6th), I'd estimate she's about 6lbs now, maybe 7. (Our vet was booked up through the holidays, so we had to wait to get her in this coming week.)

Also, she is panting quite a bit, sometimes with only mild exertion (jumping around on the bed as opposed to doing high speed laps around the room) - do higher gen cats pant due to excitement, as well? She seems fine otherwise, cool nose, no discharge of any kind from anywhere, eats well, etc.

DumaLove

Site Supporter
Staff member
Since she’s a kitten she should get fed as much as she wants multiple times a day. I’ve had kittens that eat around a pound of raw each per day.
And yes some early gens pant due to stress or excitement.