Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Shock collars for cats

admin

Paige
Staff member
In summary... He needs to be tired out... It is a phase that will pass, but until it does, he needs to expend all the energy he has. Have you thought about a cat wheel? You need to play with him until he is tired. Wand toys, cat wheel, clicker training, etc. No negative reinforcement - play and then some freeze dried chicken treats perhaps. Either clip his nails or let a vet do it - that will help with the scratches. Get some toys you can stick in his mouth to play with or chew on when he bites.

Hope all of this helps... He just needs to get rid of all the energy he has and you can help him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

admin

Paige
Staff member
Connie - Marilyn is waiting to hear from you, so please contact her asap... She is on fb, so you can message her or you can email her through her website

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
Connie - Marilyn is waiting to hear from you, so please contact her asap... She is on fb, so you can message her or you can email her through her website

Marilyn is SUCH a good resource! She enjoys Bengals and Savannahs so much that she prefers their cases over all other cat breeds, and having lived with them does not overreact to the exotic heritage and just works with the behaviors.

antonsuperstar

Savannah Kitten
Yeah, shock collar is probably just gonna make him turn even more hostile. I agree with everyone else here. Try to spend alot of playtime with him to make him tired. Our F5 has about as much energy as a DJ on cocaine, so we take every chance we get to make her run, chase and think. Eventually she’ll just go lay down on the bed.

Hopefully all goes well!!

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Connie P.

Savannah Super Cat
I did contact Marilyn , but I don’t think I can afford her. However, we did try the bitter spray yesterday and it worked great. My husband was playing with him , and he started getting really aggressive and biting him on his arm hard enough to bring blood. He sprayed his arms with the bitter spray then continued to play. When Zambe got in attack mode and bit his arm, he immediately backed off and even acted mad at my husband for about 20 minutes . He then came back and wanted to play with my husband again, and we noticed he would start to attack his arm but would stop and back off. We may have to spray our arms before bed and Mom’s ; since he wakes up raring to go and wanting to attack and bite too hard. He does seem to bite my Mom more than me, and I think he is trying to get her attention or wants to go out and she can’t take him immediately. He is a very spoiled boy with four people caring for him and does not like to be told no. Typical Savannah right? If the spray doesn’t work, I will definitely have to get the consult with Marilyn; because he is ours for life. No matter what it takes. My last 2 cats were 16 & 17 when they passed away and my horse was 32yrs old. I got the horse when he was 12 months old. My point is, my animals are my children and not disposable. Shock collar is out of the question now; however, when you google cat behavior modification, they actually show up. I didn’t even know they existed.