Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Cougar Deterrant?

Ninja-n-Bear

Site Supporter
In my neck of the woods, those particular critters present their own unique problem, C(r)ook County has a rabies problem. And the skunks can be carriers

Thank you, yes, luckily the boys are strictly indoor! We are going to seal off where they get in this weekend, if they persist I will call AC and see what they can do.

A bat, seriously? One wonders how it got in, lol, glad there was no harm. Good work, Mayhem! (insert applause here)

SV Dad

Savannah Super Cat
One wonders how it got in
We don't know. We had an inspector come in to find any avenues of entry. He reported we have a particularly tight house and could not find an obvious entry point.
My best guess now, is the bat flew into the garage in the early evening and hung behind the heater. Later at night, I head into the attached garage for a cold drink from the outside fridge (all southern heritige gents have a garage fridge!) and it darted into the house. I have never known anybody who had a bat in the house, so my rough estimate is this is a fairly rare event.

John Popp

Site Supporter
Not sure if Ohio human urine dissuades skunks.

For years I have eaten exclusively salmon, bananas, garlic, broccoli, and asparagus while drinking excessive amounts of coffee. This is the stuff your mother warned you about, the stuff that peels paint from cars and clears coyotes from the adjacent 3 counties in any direction. You're more than welcome to a jar and if it doesn't work on skunks, it makes a fine tonic I'm told.

John Popp

Site Supporter
With 20,000 people squished in per square mile, I'm amazed they found space to live.

The most important thing the sign neglected to mention was that frequent deliveries from Amazon of goods and boxes from items such as Jetpacks, Rocket Roller Skates and Leg Muscle Vitamins from the Acme Manufacturing Company are a telltale sign that a Coyote is near.

SV Dad

Savannah Super Cat
...the sign neglected to mention was that frequent deliveries from Amazon ...the Acme Manufacturing Company are a telltale sign that a Coyote is near.
1558382117886.png
Wrong sign in your neighborhood, maybe?
I suspect Amazon is the successor entity of ACME and might not ship to accounts that don't pay.

Ninja-n-Bear

Site Supporter
The most important thing the sign neglected to mention was that frequent deliveries from Amazon of goods and boxes from items such as Jetpacks, Rocket Roller Skates and Leg Muscle Vitamins from the Acme Manufacturing Company are a telltale sign that a Coyote is near.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: Those dang coyotes!