Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Minion help! A tooth!

kravenheart

Savannah Super Cat
So Beth found one of Minion's teeth in the blankets as she was washing them today. Minion is always either wrestling with the blankets in her play, or attacking our feet as we sleep. (A bad habit we can not break her of, and its getting super annoying to wake up to chomping on our toes.) We held her down and inspected her mouth but she doesn't seem to be missing any. Do cats shed teeth? Maybe as an adolescence thing, like kids do? Its considerably smaller than any of her current teeth. And she is always gnawing on things, like paper, boxes or my plants :(

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
Is she teething? Adult teeth typically start erupting around 3-3.5 months and are fully erupted by 6-7 months.

Tort518

Savannah Super Cat
Sounds like a baby tooth.

When Yeti was teething he would chew in the metal bed frame, on wood boards, and anything else he could find to gnaw on.

kravenheart

Savannah Super Cat
Yeah, she is definitely teething, she is just over 5 months now. I just wasnt aware that cats lose their teeth like people do?

SV Dad

Savannah Super Cat
You have a kitten souvenir! Not everybody finds one. Lucky you. Put it in your kitten scrapbook!

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
Does she eat raw? My guys loved to gnaw on chicken legs when they were teething. They would roll the bone over their gums when they were done with the meat.

Kristin

Animal Communicator
Yes, cats shed their teeth just like people and puppies :) Zeddie ate all of hers though :(

When my cousin's puppy lost his puppy teeth she freaked out because she thought something was seriously wrong with him :lol:

Becki

Savannah Super Cat
When Kovu got his big boy fangs, they came in at different speeds so the left was all the way down while the right was halfway down. He looked ridiculous! I felt bad because I hadn't notice the first one come in, but being a snuggle tooth, I did inspect the other and it looked pretty red and ouchy. I gave him a chicken leg to chew on, he liked it cold, which makes sense! This was actually only a few weeks ago, he must be a late bloomer!

He is going through another growth spurt and eating us out of house and home again. Is this what having a teenage boy is like?

kravenheart

Savannah Super Cat
We have tried feeding Minion cooked chicken legs, but she never eats them. Occasionally she will eat a small sliver of chicken or turkey when offered, but not always. She is also really funny about eating wet food. If we offer her a new food, she will eat all of it for a couple days, then after a while not touch it/barely nibble at it and only eat her dry food. Its kinda frustrating because we think we find what she really likes, then she changes her mind.

Trish Allearz

Never ever ever feed cooked chicken bones. They're too soft and can splinter and cause a blockage. Raw is okay.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2