Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More cuteness ...

Carykd7kau

Reincarnated cat Moderator
I have tried that. I found no difference. I know that has been a source of argument for some time, but microwaves do nothing to the molecular aspect of water. Or anything else for that matter. The last 60+ years of usage has revealed NO side effects of using them. No reputable study has shown them to be harmful.

MM3

Site Supporter
I have tried that. I found no difference. I know that has been a source of argument for some time, but microwaves do nothing to the molecular aspect of water. Or anything else for that matter. The last 60+ years of usage has revealed NO side effects of using them. No reputable study has shown them to be harmful.
Everyone has a right to their own opinion.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
That is adorable but a bit dangerous to feed a kitten on it's back since it can easily aspirate that way. This little kitty doesn't seem to have any problem with it though!

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I only worry that microwaving will destroy some of the nutrients, just like conventional heating does, nothing specific to the microwave - so just to be safe, when I have to heat up a bottle, I heat up water in a mug in the microwave then put the milk in it. That's the only thing I won't microwave though...

Carykd7kau

Reincarnated cat Moderator
Haven't heated a bottle for over 20 years. But I put the video up because I thought it was so cute the way the kitten took the bottle and flipped it up. And I think Siamese are very cute cats. We had Siamese kitties all through our married life. My last one died 3 yrs ago of OLD age. 23 yrs.

Trish Allearz

Well, I do microwave kitten milk-- I know, I know-- dreadfully shameful of me! But 9 times out of 10, I'm using it as a stopgap device until the kitten is back to nursing and I figure even if it's not perfect, what I'm feeding is better than canned kitten formula (I really do not like it-- I've had kittens have reaction to one batch a long time ago) and better than not eating at all. I actually don't think any supplemental feeding can even begin to be as good as Momma's milk (hahaha-- and yes, I feel the same about humans, but that could start a war) though.

MM3

Site Supporter
Well, I do microwave kitten milk-- I know, I know-- dreadfully shameful of me! But 9 times out of 10, I'm using it as a stopgap device until the kitten is back to nursing and I figure even if it's not perfect, what I'm feeding is better than canned kitten formula (I really do not like it-- I've had kittens have reaction to one batch a long time ago) and better than not eating at all. I actually don't think any supplemental feeding can even begin to be as good as Momma's milk (hahaha-- and yes, I feel the same about humans, but that could start a war) though.
No truer words have ever been spoken! In situations such as this one money talks, and nothing is going to change how it been for years and years and years. All anyone can do is make decisions for themself. And I will never use a microwave, But that's me!