Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

MRSA

Nic

Savannah Kitten
My f4 savannah has MRSA in her right front paw... the middle two toes are swollen and a bit puffy at the moment before it was bleeding randomly from around those toes, no cuts or open wounds. Shiela (my savannah) does not seem to have any pain or real discomfort... basically she has been carrying on like she would normally do as nothing is wrong. Currently the oral medicine I am giving her seems to be working (veraflox (pradofloxacin)). Due to stress ? She seems to have FIC ( think a form of UTI) as well.

Please advise what would be best course of action... I’m holding thumbs and hope that the veraflox will do the job (she is on week 3 of it). Shiela is almost two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patti

Admin
Staff member
This is the first report I've ever heard of a cat (or other non-human) animal getting an MRSA infection. Do you have any idea where she got it from? It sounds like the pradofloxacin should take care of the infection, but to be safe i would reculture (if there is any wound left) about six weeks after you finish the antibiotics.

And with FIC on top of it? Poor kitty, she is dealing with double trouble!! :(