Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

My cat just barked

mandyloo

Savannah Super Cat
I stalk here fairly often, and finally decided to join.

After my 11 month old savannah barked at me.

Three times.

She chirps on very rare occasions, but this was a first. Still a little surprised by it.

Ps, ours is "Mango" a F2 female.heres a pic of her woth our 4 uear old.

uploadfromtaptalk1397783475449.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
Well they are frequently described as "dog like"….:big grin: Mine bark too, usually when they are very very excited or exceptionally annoyed.

Carykd7kau

Reincarnated cat Moderator
Welcome Mandyloo AND Mango. What two beautiful girls you have there. Mango is a good sized girl. Well, since she is the size of a dog, she should bark. ;)
LOVE the picture.

Kristin

Animal Communicator
You have to upload your video elsewhere (usually Youtube) and then post the link. Mine barked once

mandyloo

Savannah Super Cat
Awe, thank you, carykid! Those two have a very special relationship for sure. IM excited to see just how big Mango gets! She's just under a year and already about 15-16 pounds, with a shoulder rise nearly to my knees. On hind legs alone she's nearly 3 feet. Here's a few more of our furbaby.
u7ybyqyd.jpg
mady9y2y.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
Welcome Mandyloo and Mango...glad you quit lurking and joined us !

Both of your girls are beautiful :)

I once videotaped an F5SBT kitten barking...but lost it when my old computer crashed :( It was soooo cute.

Carykd7kau

Reincarnated cat Moderator
What Pam said. I so agree. Cats and kids. Your Mango is a lot bigger than my Great grandson....For now... ;)