Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

My F2 Romeo baby is not well and not interested in food

Michaela

Savannah Super Cat
After being neutered Friday he was fine 2 days
Saturday and Sunday he was recovering
Sunday we put up the artificial Christmas Tree
He was very interested appropriately then he became less happy/active/diarrhea on the house
Not interested in treats or his favorite food
He also dad some recurrent diarrhea that is better. Had diarrhea on dry food and got better on meat / can treat and limited freeze dry treats
He is drinking water and I gave him some syringes of liquid from the food tonight

I am taking him to the vet tomorrow

I am worried about him swallowing something from the Christmas Tree and causing obstruction ....
Wish he got better before the appointment but it is not . At lest he is not worse . Stress not likely to make him not eat like this after he was fine for 2 days .

Hope he gets better fast
Any advice please post me
Thk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Michaela L

Eddies

Eddies a ham!
Hope Romeo gets better for the holiday, that was a lot of changes for him. Please do keep us informed, I wonder if he didn't pick up something at the vets; usually takes that 3 days for a "virus" just like us...good luck.

Angie Panczak

Savannah Super Cat
If his dad had diarrhea too, I would think it is more something like a bacteria or parasitic infection. It could be he did eat something but I think you see a cat vomitting and no pooping as nothing can get through? Vet visit never hurts, just be sure to bring in a sample of poop for them
To test.

Michaela

Savannah Super Cat
Hope Romeo gets better for the holiday, that was a lot of changes for him. Please do keep us informed, I wonder if he didn't pick up something at the vets; usually takes that 3 days for a "virus" just like us...good luck.
He sleeps had diarrhea with dry food
All the PCR were nl
He was ab big eater no Mather what
Now not even lick
Not ever his favorite freeze dry snack
The diarrhea is gone
He almost hacked the liquid syringe food last night
If he was eating and had vomit and diarrhea I would think of a viral GI bug from the vet

Still will not smell the food- runs away from it after force syringes

Hope for the best vet diagnostician
And to go away soon

Michaela L

Michaela

Savannah Super Cat
The vet found gingivitis
He lost 1 lb since Friday
I am so worried

He is on raw meet diet and dry treats
Only 8 mo
He will do more test labs and X-ray
He is going to get antibiotic and steroid
I am not too happy with the steroids
Any experience with steroids in SV effect
Any gingivitis in kittens and raw food SV

Hope all gets better soon
:)
Need some prayers
Thk

Michaela L

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I've never heard of gingivitis causing diarrea and vomiting. I don't think I'm quite following the story - has he had diarrhea all along, or did it just start in the last few days? When was the PCR sent out? Why is he being put on steroids? Does he think this might be inflammatory bowel disease? Did the vet xray his belly today? I would guess that most things he might swallow off a Christmas tree would not get picked up by a simple xray, but if there is a blockage it can sometimes pick up distended bowel because things aren't passing through. I will keep my fingers crossed for you and your baby.

Michaela

Savannah Super Cat
Took him in for not eating and being withdrawn and less playful as well as Incidentally he gets on off diarrhea when he get dry snack/food

He refuses to eat but drinks for 2 -3 says after geeing OK for 2 days after neutering last Friday now being Thursday

X-The X-Ray was ok lungs and belly but had ? Enlarger Heart atrial border and he also had a mild new murmur with fast heat rate

X-The diarrhea resolved and is turned on and off by dry food and snack , Which always goes away and it did this time .

X-Exam was normal but he was acting like he had pain and discomfort constantly.
The gingivitis looked like it needed to be treated and may cause his pain and poor food intake.

X-Labs were normal + X-Ray was clear

He received fluids , steroids and antibiotics
The steroids are anti inflammatory for gingivitis with pain and ? Some gastroenteritis .
Can not use aspirin and anti inflammatory agent in cats .

So he had gingivitis, new heart murmur w tachycardia ( fast heart rate above stress level) with weight loss and dehydration as well as signs of some ? Possible gastroenteritis ( colon full of air) with some sort of severe ? pain symptoms .

So hope he better better by 7 days or the vet wants an echocardiogram ultrasound of the heart

Thk

Michaela L

Eddies

Eddies a ham!
Compliments of "ORAL B"- GINGIVITIS
If your gums are red or swollen, or if they bleed easily when you brush and floss your teeth, you may have gum disease. Approximately 50 percent of adults in the United States have some type of gum disease, and gingivitis is among the most common.
If you have gingivitis, your bleeding and irritated gums are caused by a buildup of bacteria around your gums and between your teeth. Although bacteria often associated with poor oral hygiene is the main cause of gingivitis, other factors such as a chronic illness, a compromised immune system or pregnancy can make you more susceptible.
Gingivitis is rarely painful when it first develops, so it is important to examine your teeth.
****Did the x-ray miss an impaction/obstruction, (Possible gastroenteritis ( colon full of air) with some sort of severe ? pain symptoms), LIQUID STOOLS INCLUDED ARE ALL SIGNS OF IMPACTION/OBSTRUCTION...I hope I'm WRONG!

Michaela

Savannah Super Cat
Thank you

He is all better

Now my breeder and I think it was the narcotics overused post op for sure

The gums were not much inflamed in my opinion

He is still doing the amoxicillin for now

The diarrhea is recurrent when he gets too much dry food and propofol/narcotics can also upset the GI tract too slow and too fast ..

He is back to being a love bug again

Thk all

Michaela L