Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

mystery poop

Bekki

Savannah Super Cat
so I need some help super sleuthing. my house smells of Loki poo. pretty ripe (sorry to be so blunt) litter box looked empty although he may have buried it. I had ran out of litter and put down a puppy pad as usual in the bottm and put what little litter I had left inside a few days ago. It needed to be changed yesterday I had a couple drinks he had a little accident on my bed (teeny weeny) so I dumped more litter on top since I had finally the chance to run to the store earlier that day. Didnt look like he used it but the litter was moved around a bit. When I changed it I think I found one he buried pretty well. I tossed it all out and started fresh today clean box fresh litter. But I smell poo. can't find it anywhere not on my bed. not around my bed. In fact it sort if seems like it may be in the livingroom but I can't find it. perhaps he has smelly gas? or had done an amazing job hiding it. any ideas of where to look? Any of you ever witness your cat use outside of the box? Where did they go? I am about to start digging my house apart to find this mystery turd. I did start phasing in more chicken and less kibble the past two days and he has had some smelly gas no diarrhea. And he has tricked me a couple times with some smelly gas but when I seem I think the smell has dissipated my boyfriend comes in smelling it. help I pride myself on a stink free home. I would like to find the source and clean it. cuz poo and apple candles don't mix too well either lol

"Those who wander aren't always lost"

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
Look high and look low. Check under the cushions on furniture & behind pillows, under small rugs, behind anything he can behind or under. If you have forced air heat, maybe the smell is traveling through the air system so you'll have to check all the rooms. It's not much fun going on a scavenger hunt for poo. Hope you find the source of the aroma soon.

Bekki

Savannah Super Cat
I found a spot. one that passed my radar a while ago. The kitty hideaway I had bought for the bunnies ages ago. The bunny litter box used to be kept in there. they don't use it anymore now that the cage is in the kitchen/livingroom area. I found a couple turds in there. But they look old =\ damn I thought I figured it out

Carykd7kau

Reincarnated cat Moderator
That is a crappy thing to have to do, Bekki. But a poo smell free house is a happy house. At least for guests. ;) Good luck.

Bekki

Savannah Super Cat
I'm trying to be humorous here and think of it as a belated Easter egg hunt lol.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Boy Bekki, I don't know what to tell you. I agree with Deborah that you have to look in every nook and cranny that Loki might be able to squeeze into. Even if he doesn't use the litterbox he will want to 'hide' his business.

Bekki

Savannah Super Cat
He is very discreet he waits until I fall asleep to use the potty usually. or when I'm distracted. and looks all guilty when he comes out of the litterbox. I feel tempted to give him treats so he doesn't seem to feel so negative about it. When he accidently piddled a little on my bed he ran and hid. I didn't tell at him I think he expected me to but I understood it was my fault for procrastinating. I changed the sheets thank goodness for my bed cover that has a waterproof layer just wiped off. sprayed with vinegar just in case. and tried to give him some lovins when I fixed the issue. he's so self conscious. I'm no bully I wonder why he got so scared I haven't had to spray with water since he got over trying to scratch on furniture. he's so smart I don't have to use it just a no or walking over and giving a dirty look is enough to get him to stop making mischief. was he embarrassed perhaps?

Patti

Admin
Staff member
It may be natural instinct, or it may be something happened to him as a kitten that makes him so shy about the elimination process.

Carykd7kau

Reincarnated cat Moderator
If he is modest, then maybe he will grow out of it. I know some women who grew out of their modesty....:-o