Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nala still hasn't lost her baby teeth?

Bookfaerie

Savannah Super Cat
She is 14 weeks 4 days. I know savannahs take longer to mature, does their overall development happen slower? I sometimes "forget" she is just a baby because she is so big!

Bookfaerie

Savannah Super Cat
Also, she ate a whole package of salt free sardines the other day. Would more than once a week as a treat be bad for her? She loved them.

Rafiki

Site Supporter
I have a picture of Rafiki with shark's teeth (both baby fangs and adult fangs) at 5 months so I think that they start teething somewhere around 4 months of age.

Jim & Baghira

Savannah Super Cat
Hmmm the picture isn´t there anymore :uh oh:. Think I uploaded most of those pics from FB and don´t have them on there anymore :-/

DumaLove

Site Supporter
Staff member
I know they can grow for a longer period of time than full domestic cats. And mine didn't teeth until around 5-6 months.

Rafiki

Site Supporter
Rafiki brushing teeth.jpg

If you look closely, you can see the double fangs on the bottom. Taking pictures of cat teeth is not one of my talents. Rafiki was 5 months old. I was so bummed that I never found the baby teeth when they fell.