Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Need Healing Thoughts!

Kristin

Animal Communicator
Its been a fantastic day here....Zeddie has been puking since yesterday (normal BMs and eating fine), and my beautiful Pionus parrot was looking pretty bad this morning. Poofed up, lethargic, eating fine but looking pretty sick. He perked up a bit in the afternoon, but went downhill really fast. By 5:30 I was pretty panicky, so I found the only exotic vet that does emerg and took him there.

They are thinking he could have cancer or kidney failure, judging by his BMs and increase in drinking. He is there until Tuesday, but because tomorrow is Family Day, no testing can be done until Tuesday. It is costing a not so small fortune...we could sure use all the healing thoughts anyone can spare.

Becki

Savannah Super Cat
Awww, Kristin! I am so sorry you are dealing with this! Positive thoughts for your bird, Zeddie AND you. Keep me informed on what's going on, I will be thinking about you!

Kristin

Animal Communicator
Luckily the vets seem extremely competent. When my rabbit was sick, I left the vet feeling pretty uncertain with the exam that he did.

With my parrot, the exam was thorough, and the vet went over options with us. He showed us where Oliver would be staying, and introduced us to the vet and vet tech that will be taking care of him tonight and tomorrow. They told us we can call for an update anytime, and can come visit him tomorrow.

I am praying this is something medication will help, and Oliver will be home with his best buddy Benny soon.

Lesley

Site Supporter
Kristin I am so very sorry. I will be thinking about you and your baby tonight. I really hope it isn't catastrophic.