Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

new kitten advice

jannykins

Savannah Kitten
Hi all ,
I'm a new member...love this site so much info. I will be getting my F3 boy in September I already have Mini Poodle Bobby ....Toy Poodle Amy and A Sphynx cat Hobson (from the same breeder).
At the moment I often take all three out for a long walk. ( Hobson in a walker ) then we go for a pub ( I'm in the UK ) lunch. They all settle down no problems even Hobson is ok with other dogs looking at him!! I was just wondering after bonding and training with my new SV Vincent if you all think he might be ableto join us too. Many Thanks for your advice in advance.

admin

Paige
Staff member
Hi all ,
I'm a new member...love this site so much info. I will be getting my F3 boy in September I already have Mini Poodle Bobby ....Toy Poodle Amy and A Sphynx cat Hobson (from the same breeder).
At the moment I often take all three out for a long walk. ( Hobson in a walker ) then we go for a pub ( I'm in the UK ) lunch. They all settle down no problems even Hobson is ok with other dogs looking at him!! I was just wondering after bonding and training with my new SV Vincent if you all think he might be ableto join us too. Many Thanks for your advice in advance.
Hi jannykins,

You may want to start taking him out early in the stroller, once everyone is acclimated and see how it goes.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on your new soon-to-be familiy member!

Many people take their Savannahs for walks, and sometimes they take them to a café to enjoy a meal. You will need to evaluate Vincent's personality, but I think if you start him early, he bonds well with Hobson, he will be amenable to lounging in a stroller watching the people meander by while you enjoy a meal.

Now - where are the pics of Vincent???

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
I agree, as long as you start early enough this ought to be quite doable. A lot of Savannahs are very confident cats, when I had a lot more time (before the two children) we would walk our Savannahs to our local bar every Sunday where they would meet and greet people AND dogs. girlswindowdylans.jpg Karamu_needs_AA.jpg CoopKatieKaramu.jpg

Rafiki

Site Supporter

Shaun Roach

Savannah Super Cat
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Sorry new to this forum just trying it out. I would love to post some photo's of my two new Savannah kittens. I am a first time Savannah cat owner and love them!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk