Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

New Kitten - Pictures

Ezequiel

Savannah Adult
Hi Everyone,
Here are some pictures of our new baby at 8 weeks old. We can't wait to already have him with us in a couple of weeks. I'm wondering if I should start him on a high quality dry food (e.g; Orijen, Nature Variety) or whether I should already start introducing him to high quality wet / raw.

Thanks,
Ezequiel

Attachments

Kristin

Animal Communicator
Congrats on the baby! Do you have a name picked out for him yet? There are a lot of varying opinions on food to feed. I started mine on raw from day 1 and she loves it.

admin

Paige
Staff member
Congrats - beautiful kitten!

You will need to feed him whatever the breeder was feeding for the first month...and then whatever food you decide on , you will transition over...

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Beautiful baby! As the others have said, you need to keep him on what the breeder is feeding for at least a month until he gets settled in, then slowly transition him to whatever you want him to be on over a couple of weeks. There are differing opinions on what is best to feed - and probably as many threads on this forum if you run a search :)